Sunday, 12 February 2012

Monochrome plus one !

It's time for another challege at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge. This time we would like to see monochrome plus one other colour and of course you need to stamp ! Make sure you check out the fantastic work of the rest of the DT. Link


The project I'm sharing with you is a box and card I made for a friend who left work recently. The colours I've used reflect the colour that she likes to wear. I made the box and then stamped the top panel separately using a Wendy Vecchi background stamp, the sentiment is also a Wendy Vecchi stamp.


The butterflies are by The Stamp Man and I dyed some seam binding with Distress re-inkers to match and added a Type Charm.


For the card I started with the background and stamped it using one of my favourite Wendy Vecchi text background stamps and then stamped over that with a Katzelkraft flower stamp. I watercoloured the flowers using Distress Inks. The embossed panel is made using a Tim Holtz EF, the card was coloured using Shabby Shutters Distress Stains. The text panel is a piece from an old book that's had DI blended around it.


I used the Vintage Market die for the letters, which I've inked with DI and covered with Glossy Accents. They're mounted on a panel that's been stamped with the same stamp as the cover of the box. The frame has been made from black glossy card stock and Nestabilities. The swirls are cut using the Mini Flourish die and the butterflies with the Mini Butterfly die. The rose is made using the PaperArtsy Scalloped flower die, I prefer this die for making roses as it has a lovely shaped petal. I cut the flower from card that I'd used Shabby Shutters Distress Stains on and then when I'd made the rose I used my melt pot to make it a porcelain flower. The two leaves are also made using a PaperArtsy die and I've put them through an EF to add the lines. Some more dyed seam binding with some black ribbon and that's it !

I'm entering this project into the following challenges:


I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


25 comments:

  1. Oh wow Sue, this is just gorgeous. The greens are fabulous and the card and box complement each other magnificently. I bet your friend just adored this.
    Have a great Sunday.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm sure this will be treasured. Gorgeous box and card.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Charisma this challenge.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, your card is stunning and the box makes it extra special. I love the stamps you've used and that green is just beautiful
    Hope you're having a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is as special as it gets. The way you selected colours from what she likes to wear and the addition of a box for the card, it is definitely in the details, which you have paid attention to.
    Stunning.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, this is a gorgeous combo gift that I know your friend will treasure! Such a rich and elegant box and card and that flower really is the icing! Love this! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A treasured gift for your fellow work friend! Just gorgeous. I am particularly drawn to your project as it is my absolute favorite color in the whole world and black just dresses it up so well! Bravo! Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Sue, made all the more special by the box. Love the rich colour you have created with the green and black.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning card, the colour is absolutely gorgeous as are the beautiful backgrounds you have created for the box and the card. It makes it all the more special as you have used her favourite colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is an absolute stunner Sue!! love those greens. lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's a wonderful piece, your color choice is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lve the colour, this is truly stunning! Thanks for playing at anything goes hugs trace x dt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning Sue! I love the vibrancy and all the detail you have layered into both the card and the box. And some great stamp choices. I think when your friend looks at these it will bring back fond memories.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous colors, green is my favorite color, I think.... I always seem to use it. You must have been busy a long time to create the box and card!

    xxx Ellie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know where to begin with how gorgeous this card box is. I absolutely loved reading all the techniques you used. You have an amazing eye for detail and this project is just stunning. Melting pot....that I need to get! That rose is outstanding. :)


    Thank you SO much for joining us at Craft Us Crazy for our challenge.
    Best of luck to you and we hope to see you again next time too!
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. a beautiful creation, thanks for joining in this week at Charisma for our Things with Wings challenge! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colors and contrast on your card are amazing. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous project.

    Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, gorgeous box and card. Stunning. So beautiful. Thanks for joinig us at Anything goes. Hugs Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my word, this is amazing!!! LOVE all that green--perfect for a good luck card! :) Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fabulous! Thanks for taking the Gingersnap Creations challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Sue! Congratulations on being chosen as a Ginger Gem in the Glorious Greens Challenge!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous work, Sue! Congrats on your Ginger Gem win!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pure Shabby Shutters delight! Beautiful card. Wonderful layers of textures and interest. I was trying to think of a splendid card to make for my sweet cousin's 13th birthday, which is on St. Patrick's Day, March 17th. When I saw this card, my heart smiled! This is the one ... well, at least a hopeful, reasonable case of it. :) If I do manage to case it with any success, and I post it in my gallery, I will surely reference your work as my inspiration. Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. these look just GREAT!
    VERY nice...ART!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!