Saturday, 25 February 2012

Spring.......almost !

I am sooooo late with this post, it should have been done yesterday but, you know when you have those weeks when it doesn't seem to matter what you do, time just slips through your fingers ....well I have had one of those this week ! Anyway, I'm catching up now, so onto today's project which is my (late!) DT post for The Stamp Man. The theme for this challenge is Colours of Spring / Easter, so anything you want to do as long as it fits with the theme. As usual there is the prize of a £10 voucher to spend in The Stamp Man online store.


For my tag I cut two using the Tim Holtz Tag die, one from thin chipboard and the second from white card but I also used the Mini Butterfly die inside the tag shape to make an aperture. I used some acrylic paint on the chipboard and when that was dry I stamped the script stamp from the TH French Marketplace stamp set. On the top layer I blended different DI's then stamped the mesh from the Aspects of Design Floral stamp set in Olive Archival ink. Then I stamped the flower trail from the AoD Beautiful Butterflies set. The sentiment is from the AoD Rambling 2 stamp set. The letters are cut using the Vintage Market die and I covered them in Spiced Marmalade DI, stuck them to the tag and then covered them with Glossy Accents. While the GA was still wet I sprinkled tiny gold beads over the top (they went everywhere !).


The butterfly is cut using the TH Mini Butterfly die and I've used the Paint Dabber resist technique, using the text stamp from the TH Market Place stamp set. The flower is made using the TH Tattered Flowers die from Crinoline and has been coloured using Distress Stains - Scattered Straw and Wild Honey. The 'ruffly' ribbon is TH Trimmings that has been coloured using Distress Stains Scattered Straw. To finish off I used some Liquid Pearls and dotted it over the flower trail and onto the centre of the butterfly, added a Philosopy Tag and a Trinket Pin. The little flower charm is from my stash.

I'm entering this tag into the following challenges:

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful, such fresh lush colours & textures. Love the way the butterfly seems to have flown through the barb wire. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag Sue, gorgeous colours. Love the idea of the butterfly having flown through the mesh.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo fab Sue love the cut out butterfly :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Sue, fabulous colours and images for spring.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... I love this tag, the colours, the texture, the dimension and all the gorgeous embellishments are fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, that's an outstanding tag, love the fresh colors of spring. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow this is a wonderful creation, beautiful colour theme and image is adorable and so beautifully coloured and its just perfect for this weeks challenge

    thank you so much for joining us at the Crafty Catz Eye Spy something beginning with B and we hope you stop by next week and join in with the fun,


    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    Crafty Cat Dt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week with this gorgeous creation. Love it. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this tag. Gorgeous details and great sentiment.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Sue, I am totally in love with this tag! The colors, the textures, just wonderful. That net stamp is fantastic and I LOVE how you used the micro beads - I have a whole drawer full and haven't had them out in a couple of years. Thanks for the inspiration to use them again. Love your crinoline flower too!!! So glad you joined in our fun this week at our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is amazing! LOVE all the textures you've created! The colors are wonderful and that flower is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect tag, lots of scrumptious elements!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your lovely tag being chosen as a Ginger Gem, Sue!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. O, i SO much love this! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sue! What a fun spring tag you created! I really like the rich colors and the beautiful quote. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oops, I meant Our Creative CORNER...sorry about the typo.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!