Saturday, 10 March 2012

Big Sis's birthday !

It's a lovely afternoon here today, I think that Spring is definitely just around the corner now......I can't wait ! So, onto the card I'm sharing with you today. It's my big sis's birthday tomorrow, I'm confident she won't look here, so I'm safe to show you !

I've been watching all the beautiful projects that the very talented Lin Brown has been creating lately and one of the things that's caught my eye is layering, either with stamps or stencilling. I started with the background and first of all I blended some DI over white card stock. Then I used a Creative Expressions mask called Circles and sponged Broken China DI over it. Then I used the circle stamp from the Oxford Impressions set called My Story, and stamped with Rusty Hinge DI. The sentiment is from an Elusive Images set stamped with black Archival ink. The main image is by Indigo Blu and I stamped it twice and then cut the centre section out and layered it with foam pads.


The butterflies are cut using the mini butterfly die by TH. For the one in the left hand corner I cut one from Grunge Paper and one from card. I used Distress Stains to colour them and then stamped over part of the card one using the Stampin' Up stamp called En Francais. The flower is made using the TH Tattered Flowers die cut from Crinoline, which you can buy from the lovely Linda's Zibbet Boutique. Then I used Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Stains to colour it and also the seam binding. The swirl is made with the mini flourish TH die, again coloured using Distress Stains. The word 'sister' is from a Dovecraft stamp set and the lovely brad is a Marah Johnson.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Hope you're all having a lovely week end.

17 comments:

  1. This card is beyond gorgeous! LUV the lucious colors and embellies ~ great use of your T.Holtz inks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a joy for her to receive this card Sue!!! love the zingy colours, I love to see your cards, inspirational :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the stencilling effects and what gorgeous exotic colours, stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue
    A gorgeous and beautiful card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. oowww mmmmeee oooowww my.... i love your card... its stunning....!!!!! i have just gettin this stamp from indigo blu.... but have not yet played with her.. i got the winter one 2 as i think they are stunning... i love the layers and colours of your card... your sis will love this... love all the D.I. and colours you have used.... i hope to have time to play the morrow.. and distressing in so the cards thanks 4 your inspiration...
    kaz_za

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a magnificent specimen of your amazing work Sue - love it and I bet your Sis does too.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, your sister is going to flip over her special birthday card! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...gorgeous & vibrant...beautiful colours and texture, a real eye catcher...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, your card is amazing, the colours are just stunning, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue,
    Wow, wow, WOW! I absolutely LOVE everything you've done here. My eyes were giddy with wonderful movement and color and texture to look at. Just beautiful. Love your card. :)

    Thank you SO much for joining us at Craft Us Crazy for our challenge.
    Best of luck to you and we hope to see you again next time too!
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on what Lin Brown has been doing. I'm sure your sister loved the card. It's so vibrant. Hugs, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sis will love this card, it looks fantastic. Wonderful bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow Sue what a stunning card, the design is perfect for the image and what a great idea for the colours...thanks for joining in with the Crafts and Me challenge this week
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE IT !! Sue this is gorgeous you are such a clever crafter you are so good with colour. Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue, your butterflies make beautiful accents for your wonderful, inky card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's Things with Wings challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your beautiful card Sue, the depth of colour and the inkwork is amazing!
    Thanks for sharing your 'Favourite Things' with the Diva's this week and good luck with the challenge
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My What a totally gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for playing along and sharing your work with us at Crafts and me this week:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!