Sunday, 4 March 2012

BiL Birthday!

I'm wading my way through birthday card orders at the moment, March is always busy especially with Mother's Day thrown in to boot ! You would think as this happens every year I would be more prepared....not a hope !



So, this is a card I've made for one of my Brother-in-law's. I started with the background and used a fab Katzelkraft brick stamp. I stamped with Versamark and the blended Pan Pastels over it. I love how Pan Pastels blend together so easily. The little horizontal strips have been embossed in the TH Collage EF and then I've used Walnut Stain DI direct to the card. The left hand panel has been stamped with another Katzelkraft stamp set called Alphabet Corrupt. I then put it through another TH embossing folder called Notebook. The main image is an Oxford Impressions stamp and I've cut it out using a Deckled Oval Nestability and mounted it on to a Labels 18 Nestability die cut.


The letter 'm' is from the TH Ideaology Grunge Board Alphabet Soup. It's been stuck to a piece of Grunge Board and then painted with black acrylic paint. When it was dry it's been sanded and then rubbed with Walnut Stain DI. The frame is cut using the TH Tag and Bookplate die. The swirl is cut using the TH Elegant Flourishes die and I've added an Ideaology Word Stick. The little tag is cut using my Quickutz and the Happy Birthday stamp is by Funstamps.

It's been a really miserable day here today, but I was secretly glad about this as it meant I could spend some, much needed, time in my craft room. Right, I'd better crack on with the rest of the birthday cards I need to make !

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

15 comments:

  1. fabulous card ! love all the layers and textures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, fabulous layers of interest and I love the image and colour palette. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challemge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sue, this is really wonderful! Love your use of Idea-ology and this design is divine! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Sue, Love all the layers and texture. Thats a great main image.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, so much lovely texture and layers, you really make the most fabulous cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb card Sue, amazing textures and colours and the PPs have worked perfectly. Thanks for linking to the PanPastel UK challenge this week.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous, love the vintage look image and the string looks fantastic. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning design the layers and the embelly's are lush.I am sure Your Bro in Law will love it.Thanks for joining us at PanPastel Uk this week.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow stunning again Sue love your cards!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card for a bloke, love the textures and layers.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...Sue this is an awesome card....it's always inspiring to see cards for men and your Brother-in-Law will love it...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Sue, so much texture and depth to you stamping. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK and good luck in the prize draw
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a stunning card! I love the color! Love all of the layers of different elements you used. Love the twine you've wrapped. Love the die cuts and the stamped image. The placement of your word stick...perfect! It's really a wonderful card and your brother in law should treasure it! It's a wonderful piece of art! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful male card, love all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue you make making men's cards look so easy and your layering as usual is brilliant.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!