Sunday, 11 March 2012

Bingo at Fashionable Stamping Challenge !

Happy Sunday everyone ! We've flown through another 2 weeks which means it's time for the next challenge at the Fashionable Stamping Challenge. This time round it's my turn to set the challenge and I chose bingo ! Below is the bingo card for you to use and all you have to do is pick a line either horizontally, vertically or diagonally and include those 3 elements on your project. Simple ! And remember we need to see some stamping on your project too !



For my card I chose the line ' Words - Distressing - Flowers'. I started with the background which is a technique I spotted in one of the 365Scrap magazines. You stamp onto a layer of cardstock then cover it with another layer but tear back a small piece of the top layer to reveal the text below. I used Katzelkraft stamps for the bottom layer and the top layer is stamped using the Stampin' Up En Francais stamp. The corner stamps are Crafty Individuals and I've used Antique Linen and Scatted Straw DI to distress it.


The horizontal piece is also stamped with a Crafty Individuals stamp and I've double stamped it so the second image is slightly lighter than the first. The border punch is a Martha Stewart and the lace is from the lovely Linda's Zibbet Boutique and I've coloured it using Antique Linen Distress Stains. The centre panel is made with Katzelkraft stamps and I've stamped off the first ink and used the second stamp so the images are paler. I then stamped the flower, which is also a Katzelkraft stamp, and water coloured it with Distress Stains. The frame is made using a Nestability and I've cut it from thin chipboard painted it with acrylic paint, then a layer of Paper Artsy Crackle Glaze then another layer of white acrylic paint. Have I mentioned I love this stuff !

The butterfly is made using the mini butterfly TH die and has been stamped with the En Francais stamp and some pearls added to the centre. The flower is made using the TH Tattered Flowers die and cut from Crinoline coloured with DI and the brad in the centre is a Marah Johnson that I've aged with Alcohol Inks.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

I hope you get chance to join us in our Bingo challenge and look forward to seeing your projects !


29 comments:

  1. WOW wow & wow!! you have to be my fav card maker!! where do you get your ideas from?? would love to make cards like you, stunning, love it :) lainey x ( my crackle looks nothing like that!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, you are a master card maker. So beautifully finished, pure perfection, have a great Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue this is absolutely stunning, as always!
    Love all the layers and details.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another dazzling card Sue, such gorgeous colours and amazing layers with so much detail.
    Thanks for sharing it at PanPastel UK this week.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...stunning Sue! Everything fits and flows perfectly. I really like the thought that you put into it. I love the crackle effect, it has worked a treat and sets the whole card off. Beautiful!!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's some serious distressing, lol. Love the colours and the images - beautifully designed x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A real stunner as always Sue. love all the detail and crackle finish to the clever frame. the background and flowers are just gorgeous.
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...gorgeous card Sue...love the crackle glazed frame, it's so effective...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue, this is one gorgeous card. Love all the texture and distressing! The crackled frame for the tulips really adds that vintage touch! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue
    Sorry I am so late in the day posting and visiting but here I am now!
    A stunningly elegant card with incredible stamping, it is so special.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh what a gorgeous card, love the way you have crackled the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love how you create on your cards and I've decided to add you to my inspiration link on my blog. I don't want to miss a thing.
    Thank you for the morning inspiration.
    Sincerely,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card. Love it.

    Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, such a fantastic card with so many wonderful details. Love the romantic look and all the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card. It's so elegant and stylish and reminiscent of bygone times. Hugs, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Sue this is really stunning love the colour the Lo.Thanks for sharing it with us at PanPastel UK this week.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  17. A real beauty Sue, beautiful stamping and such a gorgeous background, I love it. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning work Sue, love the shabby chic feel to this project, thanks for sharing at PanPastel UK.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card, great techniques! Glad you could join us at sweet stampin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful vintage card, .ove the colours you used.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! I love the frame and the stitching is an added eye candy bonus! Gorgeous coloration as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really gorgeous card, love those beautiful flowers, lovely and girly, thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fabulous card ! love the torn section at the top, brilliant idea and the nestie frame with the crackle and just everything about this card is gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Sue all the stamping is just fabulous. So much to look at and take in I love it.

    Thank you for a brilliant write up and for the theme itself sweetie it really gets you thinking

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awww this is so gorgeous Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so gorgeous! I didn't recognize the KK stamp at first, will have to ink that one.

    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sue this is stunning I love the colours the layout ... beautiful work Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, Sue, your card is just gorgeous! Love that torn section and all the stamping. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sue, I apologize for my delay in visiting. I have been out of town. What an outstanding card you have created! I loved reading all the steps you took in making it. Just beautiful. Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!