Sunday, 18 March 2012

It's a kinda magic !

Sorry for the corney title but that tune's been playing in my head while I was making this card ! This card is for an order and to say it was a challenge, is putting it mildly ! I just couldn't think what to do, the request was a card for a magician ! But then I happened on some Woodware playing card stamps and it all started to fall into place !

I started with the background and blended Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick DI over some white cardstock. Then I stamped the playing cards randomly and the word 'magic' which is from a Tim Holtz stamp in the Good Thoughts set. I masked off the rest of the stamp so I could just use the one word. Then I used a mask from the Mini Regal set. The playging cards were all stamped with black Archival ink and for the Queen and the Ace I painted the symbols with Fired Brick Distress Stains. The top hat was the biggest challenge as I knew what I wanted but couldn't find it anywhere ! So I looked at lots of images on the internet then I drew my own, scanned it and printed it out. It's a little shaky, but after I'd shaded it with Pro Markers I decided it would be OK. I cut it out with a Nestability and blended some Spiced Marmalade DI around the edge.


Then I hand drew a large star and cut it out of card, blended DI over it then used a mask and sponged Festive Berries DI over it. I mounted the top hat onto foam pads to leave room for the Happy Birthday tag.



The border is made using the little playing card symbols from the Woodware stamp set and the punched border is made using a Martha Stewart punch. The name is done on my PC. I really hope that the person who ordered this card likes it, I really enjoyed making it in the end !

I'm entering this card into the following challenge :

11 comments:

  1. Great card with wonderful elements. Love the playing cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Sue. The top hat looks amazing well done!. Love all the elements it all looks fabulous.
    Big Hugs
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Sue, thank you so much for joining the DT from SSS and S, with your fabulous card. Really fabulous wowzersssss I really love it. Good luck hugs terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Sue!! love the bright colours :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, it's stunning - great colours and a brilliant design! I wouldn't know where to start with something like this - I'm seriously impressed x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Sue you certainly pulled it out of the hat for this one. Te he! This is amazing so much work and so beautifully composed. You are so so clever. I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The playing card theme is fantastic, its a great card.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. BRAVO!! This is just amazing, Sue. I'm sure your customer will be over the moon over it! I'm not going to say what I like about it because everything is fantastic. And my hat's off to you on drawing that hat - wow! You are one clever designer!!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fun and lively card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunner I love this card Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously great card sue, so much creativeness went on here. This is one for the memory banks too. Faab. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!