Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Launch day today !

Well the countdown is over and today is the launch of the brand new challenge Frilly and Funkie ! Make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's work. There will be a new challenge every other Wednesday and the first challenge is Your Favourite Vintage Style.


I bought this house before Christmas with the idea of making a Christmas decoration. Well, it didn't quite work out, so I thought the first challenge for Frilly & Funkie would be the ideal time to use it.I started by painting the house with Gesso then with blue acrylic paint. I used the crackle glaze by Paper Artsy then did a top coat of white acrylic paint. In the top part of the house I used the TH Doily die, then I added a filigree square, which I distressed with acrylic paint. The roses are made from the TH Tattered Florals cut from Crinoline. The letters are TH grunge board which again I've pained with acrylic paint, sanded them then coated them with Picket Fence Distress Stains.


I stamped the flowers on the side using black Archival ink and I painted them with acrylic paint. The birdcage is tipped with acrylic paint and I added the decoration, which is from an old bracelet. The word Secrets is from an Oxford Impressions stamp set and framed with a TH frame.


I cut a flower from corrugated cardboard and added a bottle cap to the centre. The screen that sits behind the dress form is stamped with Cobalt Archival ink using Katzelkraft stamps. The dress form has also been given the crackle glaze treatment too. The beautiful lace is from Linda's Zibbet Boutique, which you really need to check out. Especially as there's 10% off everything until the end of March ! The string detail is made from some string I rescued from a package at work and the button is from my stash.



The butterfly is cut from Sticky Back Canvas and is tipped with DI. The hearts are also cut from corrugated card board and a little venise lace applique added to the centre. The beautiful wooden flower button is also from Linda's Zibbet Boutique.

Items used on this project from The Funky Junkie Boutique can be found by clicking on the below links. New items are arriving all the time and the prices are very reasonable so make sure you check it out, espcially with the 10% discount until the end of March using the code MARCH10 !

I really hope that you can join us for this first challenge and I look forward to visiting all your favourite vintage projects.

Make sure you check out the rest of the DT's work:

Linda Coughlin ~ The Funkie Junkie
Teresa Kline ~ Paperie Blooms
Terry Horrall ~ Terry's Work in Progress
Tammy Roberts ~Paperie Sweetness
Anita Houston ~ The Artful Maven


I'm also entering this project into the following challenges:

26 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Sue congratulations on your first design project for frilly & funkie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful. Love the house. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantabulous! Love the ornate plate and birdcage on the outside, and also the way you've stamped up the sides. What a gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the house that Sue built! So much eye candy and all the little details and embellishments are stunning! Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely delightful. The way you incorporated so many beautiful elements.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely delightful. The way you incorporated so many beautiful elements.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...I didn't think it was possible but you have surpassed yourself Sue...this is just stunning, I loVe it...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Sue great work as always!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous, I love the stamping down the side of the house x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Sue this is stunning, well done. I have been busy with family and am now catching up with posts, I have had a peek at your creations and you have been making some stunners. Well done hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sue, that's a breathtaking first DT piece. Your altered house looks wonderful, great elements in there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. All the elements look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, gorgeous alteration, there are so many details to see.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sue it is delightful this project of yours, so much work involved it must be very pleasing for you to see how it has come together.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow Sue, this is gorgeous...I have never created one of these....hhhmmmm..now you have my thinking cap on...thanks for the inspiration...I look forward to more frills...teehehe!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such wonderful details. What a fun creation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Sue, I can't tell you how much I LOVE this piece. The colors, the finishes, the embellies - all totally awesome! I love the stamping on the side and especially the "ART" in the attic! The whole thing is just so much fun! You definitely ROCKED it this week!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicely done! Love the whole collage effect and jealous of people (you) who can pull it off...me not so much!

    Yep, your link worked at For Fun Challenges. Thanks for playing in "Buttons - More than one!" challenge. Hope to see you next Wednesday when the new challenge is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous house Sue; so 'you'. I love all the details that catch the eye. Congrats too on your new DT position, you are perfect for the team.
    hugs ~brenda~ xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! Stunning creation, just love everything about it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Divas this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow - amazing project - I wouldn't even know where to start!

    Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges for our Buttons challenge!

    Julie (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is stunning! Love it.

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Craft Challenges.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow this is stunning!!!!.Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges and good luck!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. omg!!!! its gorgeous,thanks for joining us at Creative craft challenges in our anything BUT a card challenge, and good luck,
    hugs sandra xx dt

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!