Saturday, 31 March 2012

Playing with Artistic Outpost !

I was very lucky to win over at Simons Says Stamp and Show so got to have a little spending spree in the online store, and the stamps I ordered arrived this week ! I've been itching to have a play since they turned up and when my other half asked if I could make a 60th Birthday card for a friend I knew which stamps I was going to head for !


I've had to do a small amount of tidying to make space for my new stamps and isn't it wonderful when you find something you didn't know you had ! I found an A4 sheet that I'd made using Moon Shadow ink and cling film, perfect for the background of this card. I also used a Creative Expressions mask with Tea Dye DI. The large text stamp is from the Ephemera Backgrounds stamp set, stamped with Coffee Archival ink. The main image is from the Diesel Punk stamp set, and I've stamped it onto card that's had Old Paper Distress Stains swiped over it. I cut it out using a deckled edge Nestability and then used Vintage Photo DI around the edge. The doily is made using the TH die and I've cut it from more of the card that had been coloured with Old Paper Distress Stains. The border along the bottom (which you can't actually see much of now!) is stamped in Coffee Archival ink and is from the Flapper Fashion stamp set.

The gorgeous material flower is from Linda's Funky Junkie Zibbet store and I've just brushed my blending foam over the top which I've used with Vintage Photo DI. The number 60 is also from the Diesel Punk set and Iv'e mounted it onto a punched circle that I've embossed using the Victoria EF. This is then mounted onto a TH Mini Labels die, which is also available at Linda's store. The little antique bronze flowers are again from Linda's store, and I stuck a brown pearl in the centre. The tattered banner is by Tim Holtz, which is also available from Linda's store.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

23 comments:

  1. Congrats to your win on Simon Says. Your card looks wonderful. Love all the elements especially the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card love all the tone on tone and the birthday banner is brilliant XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage style card, that image is fab! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful vintage style card! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I've just used that image today as well. Congratulations on your win.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...beautiful card Sue and what an awesome flower...perfect...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Sue, love all the details.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eine schöne Karte, und die Blume ist unglaublich schön geworden.

    Liebe Grüße
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card, Sue! Love your colors and the way you've popped up the tattered banner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your win Sue! What fun to go shopping! Fabulous card creation, too! Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another superb design Sue, the whole vintage effect shines through and the layers add great dimension.
    Hope you have a great Sunday.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Sue - this is amazing! I adore the vintage look, and all the beautiful detail. Absolutely fabulous!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. FAB Card I love the vintage look:)Thank you for joining us this week for Craft your Passion Challenges Monochromatic Challenge.

    Melissa, Dt Member
    expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh this is stunning thanks for joining us at craft this week

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well deserved winner Sue and what a wowser of a card this is.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW fabulous card, love the flower, thanks for playing along with CRAFT this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sensational Sue - love the vintage monochromatic tones and so happy to see the Diesel Punk set in action! Your double matted "60" looks fab like that. Super cool piece of work!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have just found a whole new worl of stamping and vintage. The two of my favourite things. I just love your work Sue and now I'll be following you around. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your win. Many thanks for entering our Dry Embossing challenge at Alphabet Challenge, your card is stunning as usual. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just beautiful, love all the details, thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!