Monday, 5 March 2012

Red shoes !

I've got the luxury of a day's holiday today so I'm making the most of it and trying to get ahead with my card orders. The card I'm sharing with you is for my sister's boss who loves shoes, particularly red ones !


When I started to think about this card I knew that the one stamp I had to use is my trusty Clarity shoe stamp. I stamped it onto Kraft card stock, then onto a Post-it note and masked off the first shoe. I stamped it again while the first one was masked off and hey presto a pair of shoes ! I coloured them with Prisma pencils (not used these before and I'm not sure about them yet !) then covered parts of the shoes with Glossy Accents. The sentiment is from a Darkroom Door stamp set. I used the background stamp from the TH Papillon set and I used the script stamp from the TH French Marketplace set. I stamped with white Paint Dabber, dried it with my heat gun and then blended DI over the top. Used a damp piece of kitchen roll to rub over the top and the paint leaves a lovely resist effect. The left hand panel is made using a mix of TH, Katzelkraft and Tanda Stamps. The cage is a Poppy Die cut and I've just tipped it with a little Barn Door DI.


The flowers are cut from Crinoline using the TH Tattered Flowers die and coloured using Barn Door Distress Stain and DI. The ribbon is seam binding that I've dyed with Distress Stains too. A type charm,tag and a couple of tickets and that was it !

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Right, must crack on !

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Love the layers! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion Challenges.

    Audrey
    Dt member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sue, brilliant idea with the 'pair' of shoes. Love all the stamped layers.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, who wouldn't love some shoes just like that.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the layers Sue :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent pair of shoes, I want the same ! Beautiful composition. I like your graphic effect. Congratulations ! Your card is fabulous !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, great images and details. Love the red elements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...gorgeous card Sue...those red flowers are beauties...she'll love it...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW, red-fabulousness! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card Sue, I wouldnt mind a pair like that! Thanks for joining in our Masking challenge this week at Charisma Cardz and good luck! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card for a shoe lover, but then who isn't? Caz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who wouldn't love shoes when they see this card Sue it is just gorgeous.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wonderful shoe card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the shoe image, fabulous masking! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great way to make a pair of shoes! Lovely card. Thanks so much for playing along with our masking challenge this week at Charisma. Good luck and hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this!!!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glorious red shoes and a magnificent card Sue.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute creation. Lovely coloring and design. Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Play Challenge Blog. hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card:) Thank you for joining us at Craft your passions for our anything goes challenge:)

    Melissa
    expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!