Sunday, 25 March 2012

Spring is in the air !

It's time for another challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and as we all know, Spring is in the air, so that's what we'd like you to focus on this time. Check out the main blog for the other DT's fabulous creations and also the prize.


This was a card I made for my other half's Mum for Mother's Day last week end. I started with the background and blended Crushed Olive and Mustard Seed DI over white card stock. I then stamped the text from a Wendy Vecchi stamp set with Crushed Olive and also the small flower. I then used a mask and sponged Crushed Olive over it and finished by stamping another flower from a Wendy Vecchi stamp set in one corner. The two panels are made using the same Wendy Vecchi text stamp and for the top one I used the Paint Dabber resist technique. The tulip is also a Wendy Vecchi stamp and I stamped the flower head onto a piece of card that I'd blended Spiced Marmalade DI over and also used a mask with the same ink. The leaves are stamped onto card that had Crushed Olive blended over it and I've flicked some water to add some droplet marks.



The little tag is cut using my Quickutz and the word Mum is from a Dovecraft set. I've stamped around the edge of the tag with a Crafty Individuals stamp using some more Spiced Marmalade. The butterfly is cut from Grunge Paper that I've blended DI over and also stamped with the Wendy Vecchi text stamp. The ribbon is seam binding that I've dyed using Wild Honey Distress Stains.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

17 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I bet your MIL loved this card! I really love all the inking (some of my favourite colours) and Wendy Vecchi has such gorgeous stamps...you work wonders with them!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card shouts spring!! I love Mustard Seed & Spiced Marmalade, so bright & zingy, fab card Sue!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sue, lovely bright colours and a lovely use of the text stamp.
    Congrats on your fabulous news, I'm sure it'll be a great challenge blog.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the bright colours as well.
    Congratulations on your new DT post.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning card. I bet other halfs Mum was delighted with this. Such beautiful vibrant colours. Have a great day. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...beautiful card Sue...lovely citrus colours, Mother Nature knew what she was doing giving us these very tempting colours...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, your various techniques look fabulous on this beautiful mother's day card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's Light Airy Spring Colors challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue
    The colours are so lovely and fresh.
    A gorgeous card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!
    I love the zingy colours and how you've used those fab stamps.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, I just love the vibrant colors you combined to welcome in Spring! Fun and fabulous tulip with so much gorgeous inking! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue, I just love this card! The colours are yummy, greens and oranges, GOOOORGEOUS! Love the ribbon and that tulip stamp ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card - so elegant! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recognized Wendy's stamps--this is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great color choices on this card! Beautiful design work! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fun way to make a flower!
    LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderful card with beautiful elements. Fantastic spring feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another amazing piece for the FSC all the elements are balanced so well together.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!