Thursday, 15 March 2012

This one's for Mum !

For my Katzelkraft DT project I've taken the opportunity to make a card for Mother's Day as it is fast approaching ! Apologies for only one photo but for some reason the other one I took wouldn't load, not sure if it's blogger or my lap top !


The stamps I've used are Les Partoches d'Onirie and Mode. I've stamped the background with the text stamp then the next layer has been stamped with the music stamp but I've masked off part of the area. On top of the music I've used a mask and Dusty Concord DI and torn the layer in parts to reveal the text below. The main image has been stamped with black Archival Ink and then cut out using the Fleur de Lys Nestability. The hat was slightly larger than the die so I used the outside the frame technique. The flower is cut from Crinoline which has been coloured with Distress Stains and Distress Inks and the brad is a Marah Johnson. The ribbon across the centre is seam binding that has been coloured with Dusty Concord Distress Stains and I sprayed it with water to make the colour a little less dense.

All of the stamps I've used are available from The Craft Barn in the UK or from Katzelkraft in France.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sue
    Well done
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous Sue...love the colours heaps!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! love the torn effect and colours lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your mum will love this, its gorgeous.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue
    A beautiful elegant card with lovely elements.
    I say, Lucky Mum.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, you took my breath away with your gorgeous card! Absolutely stunning! Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue, the card is so beautiful, I love the colour it's stunning and the flower is superb. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning, fab colour choice & I love the torn bits!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, love the deep colours and so beautifully embellished. Thanks for joining us this week at Moving Along With The Times.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is beautiful! What great monochromatic you have in this! Love the classy image too! Thank you for playing with us at Moving Along With The Times :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful Sue and I bet your Mum loved it. Hope you're keeping well. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fantastic card in great colors. Your mum will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely! I bet your Mum adored it. Such rich colouring and a beautiful handmade flower.

    Thank you so much for joining in at ABC

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous as always Sue, love the colour choice and your attention to detail.
    Big Hugs
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!