Friday, 9 March 2012

Vintage at The Stamp Man

It's Friday and it's time for another challenge at The Stamp Man. This time we would like to see your Vintage projects and as usual for the winner there is a £10 voucher to spend in The Stamp Man online store.


I started with the background and stamped the dress form from the TH Haberdashery stamp set which I 'kissed' with one of the text stamps from the Reflections set. I then decided it looked a little bare on it's own so I stamped it again onto a Post It Note and masked off the original image. I then used another stamp from the same set and stamped over the masked off dress form. I used a page from an old book and distressed it with Tattered Rose, Tea Dye and Brushed Corduroy DI. I used the paint dabber resist technique and blended Tattered Rose DI over the top using a stamp from the French Marketplace set. The sentiment is from the TH Good Thoughts set and I've used 2 of the stamps from the Adverts set behind it.

I've used Crinoline for the flower which has been made using the TH Tattered Flowers Die and coloured with Distress Stains, the button is from my stash. I've stamped the spool and sewing book images onto Crinoline and done one or two cross stitches to hold them together.

I hope you get chanceo to join us for this challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Great idea. I like the flower and the button on it.

    Plastic Card Printing
    Plastic Card

    ReplyDelete
  2. another yummy card Sue I love vintage :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, the flower is beautiful, a real vintage beauty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful vintage style card, love the red flower.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...gorgeous card Sue...such a delightful flower...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please visit my blog as I have nominated you for an award :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!!!!!!!

    I can't tell you how much I love this Sue. Everything is perfect and I am drooling over your crinoline flower and how you stamped on the crinoline. I can't believe I never did that. I have stamped on muslin and other fabrics, but never thought to stamp on the crinoline and it looks amazing!!! This card totally ROCKS!!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!!!!!!!

    I can't tell you how much I love this Sue. Everything is perfect and I am drooling over your crinoline flower and how you stamped on the crinoline. I can't believe I never did that. I have stamped on muslin and other fabrics, but never thought to stamp on the crinoline and it looks amazing!!! This card totally ROCKS!!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Sue'perb. A beautifully composed card and such lovely colours.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous card Sue. Love the colour combo and the crinoline flower. Hugs, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic collage card. Love the big flower and the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super piece of art it make a fantastic card Sue well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!