Sunday, 22 April 2012

Embossing at the Fashionable Stamping Challenge

It's time for another challenge at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and this time we would like to see some embossing on your projects. Now, this could be dry embossing or heat embossing or both! It's entirely up to you. Make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the DT's fabulous work.

I started with the background and blended Tattered Rose and Victorian Velvet over some DI and did the Spritz and Flick technique (I can't stop myself from using this technique at the moment!) I then stamped using Victorian Velvet DI using the text stamp from the Artistic Outpost Flapper Fashions stamp set. I then embossed some card using a Stampin' Up folder and blended more DI over it (I seem to have hidden most of it!). I stamped the defintion of a Flapper onto some more card that I'd done the Spritz and Flick technique on and distressed the edges. The car is from the Artistic Outpost Diesel Punk stamp set and the main image another stamp from the Flapper set which I stamped onto watercolour paper and painted it with DI.


The tickets are cut using the Tim Holtz die and stamped using TH stamps. The gorgeous button is from a Prima set (they are totally gorgeous!). The box pleat ribbon is from the Funkie Junkie Boutique and I've rubbed Victorian Velvet over it. The flower is made from silk ribbon and Crinoline, both of which are from the Funkie Junkie Boutique. I made a rose bud for the centre, I cut the Crinoline using the Mini Tattered Florals and then the outside layer I made by gathering one edge with a small running stitch. 

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.




16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sue. Love the inky, shabby effects and image and your embellishing is just fabulous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, a really beautiful card, the watercolouring looks so delicate and I love the ruffled ribbon. Hope you're having a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card in great colors. Love all the distressed edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue...the spritz and flick technique is one of my favourites at the moment too. And with these colours it has a beautiful effect on this card. This is sooo very inky, just beautiful
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...loVely vintage vibes Sue...super looking flower too...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, this is fabulous, loving all the delicious textures and wonderful stamping, not sure what spritz and flick is so will have to look it up, that ruched edging is superb. Have a great Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Sue! Lovely layers, the shades are so romantic and so much lush texture ;) Have a lovely weekend, hugs Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A divine creation Sue, with fabulous layers, colours and images. I just love how you made the flower. I have bought the crinoline but not played yet.
    Have a great Sunday.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. A-ma-zing Sue, love it!! so much to look at. lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So stunning, Sue! Love the colors and all the luscious layers! That beautiful flower is a lovely touch! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love the design and the layering.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is Awesome!! Love the style and the images!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Sue, Love all your layers and images and a beautiful colour.
    Avil xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fell in love with this card as soon as I saw it and I just wanted those stamps. Went to buy them but the postage was as much as the stamps ... sigh didn't get them ... just couldn't afford, so will just have to keep popping back and looking at yours. lol

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fantastic card with great details.
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing! I arrived here wandering around the internet looking for some Flapper stuff, this techinique is incredible and your results... stunning!
    Thank you to made me aware of all of these *_*

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!