Wednesday, 4 April 2012

I'll take your word for it at Frilly & Funkie !

Welcome to the next challenge for Frilly & Funkie ! We've had a really fantastic response to the first challenge, if you didn't get chance to join in well now's your chance as we're starting the new challenge today. Linda (The Funkie Junkie and F&F blog owner) is hosting the challenge this time round and here is what Linda has to say about this challenge:

Words can be kind, comforting, encouraging, supporting. I especially love motivational quotes. For this challenge, let your sentiment take center stage and be the focal point of your project.

Don't forget that the prize is a $15 voucher to spend in Linda's fabulous Funkie Junkie Boutique.


I LOVE using sentiments on my work, so when I saw this challenge my biggest dilemma was which one to use ! My Mum also loves 'lovely words', as she calls them, so I think this card may well be one of the Birthday cards that I need to make for her ! As is my usual style, I started with the background. I joined the Creative Chemistry 101 classes and feel like I've re-discoverd my Distress Inks all over again ! So, the technique I used is the Brushless Watercolour technique. I've used a PaperArtsy stamp and stamped it several times. I then used a Wendy Vecchi text stamp and stamped part of it over the image. I used the Tim Holtz Baroque die and rubbed different colour DI's on my craft sheet and spritzed with water and then dipped the card into the ink. I dried it off then used a mask and Crushed Olive DI over the top. The swirls are cut using the TH Mini Flourish die. The embossed panel is cut using a Nestability and then I've rubbed DI over the top. I've used a Nestability Tag on top of the embossed panel and just blended DI over it.



The centre panel is cut using the TH Mini Labels die and I stamped it with the Sanded Stampin' Up stamp. The sentiment is made using the Wendy Vecchi Sentimental Art stamp set. The ribbon is seam binding that I've dyed using Shabby Shutters re-inker and water. The gorgeous key and flower is from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique. The butterfly is cut from Grunge Paper using the TH Mini Butterfly die and I've covered part of it with a piece of a page from an old book before blending DI over it and adding a TH Spinner.

I do hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.





11 comments:

  1. WOW Sue this is stunning what a fab sentiment beautiful colour and gorgeous bow Love it all Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layers and techniques as always Sue, making a super magnificent card.
    Have a great day.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is gorgeous...I adore the "lovely words" ...amazing...have a fabby day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely has the Wow factor. A gorgeous card, love the colours and layers.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Sue, I am totally loving your style! Gorgeous background... and I love the way you've layered everything up under/around the sentiment. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the layers on your work Sue!!! that back one looks like leather!! I too love words to be the main feature. lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous is this? You really outdid yourself, Sue! The greens are so rich and vibrant. All the layers and textures and sweet embellishments - wow, I am really loving this. The sentiment is fab too - I really like that WV set! What a terrific DT piece you came up with this week.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous and rustic. Love the flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is funkie and frilly and oh so fabulous!!! WOW...so many details and layers of goodness...I love it all! You really outdid yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fantastic, Sue, your card looks wonderful, so many great elements. Love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!