Thursday, 12 April 2012

Katzelkraft tag

For my Katzelkraft DT project I've made a tag using some of the Tim Holtz techniques that were covered in the Creative Chemistry 101 classes.


I started with the background and blended lots of different Distress Inks, colours I used were Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany, Pumice Stone and Seedless Preserve. Then I did the 'spritz and flick' technique. The flowers were stamped with black Archival ink and then I watercoloured the image with Distress Inks and re-inkers using one of the fab watercolour brushes. For the label I used the Wrinkle Free Distress technique and then stamped the sentiment with black Archival ink.



I cut the butterfly from watercolour paper using the TH Mini Butterfly die and then used the Brushless Watercolour technique to stamp the butterfly onto the die cut. The lovely ruffled ribbon is from Linda's Zibbet Boutique and I've rubbed Tattered Rose and Victorian Velvet DI over it. The ribbon at the top of the tag is seam binding, which is also from Linda's Zibbet Boutique, that I've dyed with Tattered Rose DI.

I'm entering this tag into the Simon Says Stamp and Show a Tim Holtz technique challenge.

The stamps I've used are available exclusively from The Craft Barn in the UK and from Katzelkraft in France.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work and I LOVE that Nature quote - it will have to go on my 'NEEDS' list, lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, that's an amazing tag - looks FANTASTIC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous tag Sue, love the techniques and colours.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Sue, love love the rich coloured background. You have used a fabulous array of techniques which work beautifully with your image and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Sue, this is gorgeous! Love the way you offset the sentiment on the TH die and the way you've colored it.... breathtaking! The whole creation is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!