Saturday, 14 April 2012

New Home !

I was asked to make a card by a lady at work but the brief was it had to be pink and white ! After my initial thoughts of ' Pink and White !!!', I then thought I could go down the route of 'shabby' pink and white !

I kept it quite simple and started by blending Tattered Rose DI over some white cardstock and then tearing the edges and blending some more ink around the edge. I did just tip the card with some Vinage Photo DI (I couldn't resist!) The embossed layer is made using a Stampin' Up folder and I blended a small amount of Vintage Photo DI around the edge. The main image is a vintage digi image and I have to confess I looked at some many different sites I can't remember where I found it ! I blended Tattered Rose DI over it and then tore the edges and blended Vintage Photo around the edges. The butterfly and swirl are both Tim Holtz mini dies. I dyed some seam binding with Tattered Rose DI and spritzed it with water.


The text is all done on my PC and the tag is cut using my Quickutz. The frilly ribbon is from Linda's Zibbett boutique and I've rubbed Victorian Velvet DI over it.

Fortunately, the lady who ordered it was thrilled to bits so my 'shabby' gamble paid off ! Phew !

If you've not checked out Linda's Zibbet Boutique make sure you do ...soon ! Linda is not only stocking some gorgeous vintage goodies but also alot of the Ranger products. The prices are really good and Linda has an offer on shipping at the moment, if you order $75 worth of goods then the shipping is half price ! Also, as part of the spotlight week there is 15% off all Venise laces.

It's been a bit of a mixed day here today, it started off with beautiful sunshine and we did manage a short walk, but then after lunch the April showers returned, so perfect chance to get back in my craft room ! Hope you're all having a good week end.






7 comments:

  1. that is yummy shabbiness Sue!! love it :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sue! I can see why she was happy! Have a great week. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, love this, the colour is such a beautiful shade, pure vintage shabby gorgeousness. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Sue! Love that ruffle and that sweet cluster on the bottom with the key.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lot of oh'z and az's here looking at all the details of your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful tag with great details. Love the romantic look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I like the image, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!