Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Re-enactment Good Luck !



The card I'm sharing with you today caused me a very big head ache ! My sister sent me a text and asked me to make a card for a friend who is leaving work and for the theme she wanted battle re-enactments ! 

So, after alot of head scratching I decided to go with the shield theme. I hand drew the shield onto a piece of card and then used it as a template to cut out a piece of metal. I used a Ten Seconds Studio mould and then lots of alcohol ink and mounted it onto black card. I embossed a piece of card using the Fleur de Lys EF and I inked the inside with different DI then rubbed over the top of it with Tea Dye DI. The text background piece is stamped with a Katzelkraft stamp and then distressed. 


The flower is made from Grunge Paper that I stuck sticky back canvas to after I'd stamped onto it. I cut it out using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and the Mini Tattered Florals die. The flourishes are cut using the Tim Holtz Mini Flourish die. I stamped the sentiment onto a Tim Holtz Tattered Banner. The ribbon and brad are from my stash. 

I'm entering this card into the following challenge:


9 comments:

  1. Really beautiful, love the grungey look and the flower is just fabulous. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...this card is genius Sue, so impressive...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue! Your card is a real stunner. You are so creative and th recipient must truly appreciate all the thought and detail you put into it. Hope all is well. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gawd! ... If I had a request to do a card for 'battle re-enactments' ! I would be running for the hills ... This is super ... well done you. I love it ! Thanks for joining us in this weeks PanPastels Challenge.
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you've done a fantastic job Sue, love it!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, this is brilliant, I would have freaked out if someone asked me to to a card on that subject. But you have created a superb card so ingenious, they will be thrilled. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sue, you have excelled your brilliant self with this card, what a fabulous mix of elements and creativity to achieve this result. I love the fleur de lys shape but never seem to find the inspiration to use it - I have now.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, such a wonderful card, it looks fantastic. Love all the elements and details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful, Sue! Your rocked out on that custom shield... it's fantastic and the texture is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!