Friday, 20 April 2012

Shabby Chic at The Stamp Man

 So, is anyone else not liking the new look Blogger ! It's taken me 3 times as long to write this post. I suppose I'll get use to it but I just need to share my frustration !

Anyway, it's time for another challenge at The Stamp Man, Brenda is the hostess and has chosen Shabby Chic Vintage/Distressed. As usual there is the prize of a £10 voucher to spend in The Stamp Man online store.



 I bought this letter wrack a few weeks ago as I never have anywhere to put bills that need paying so I thought I could kill 2 birds with one stone and make something that was useful ! I started by painting the wrack with white Gesso. I blended DI over an A4 sheet of white card stock and spritzed and flicked water over it. I then stamped with Coffee Archival ink using the text stamp from the Tim Holtz Papillon set. I then stamped the butterfly and flowers from the Aspects of Design set with Jet Black Archival ink on each panel. I glued the panels in place then used Tissue Tape around the edge and distressed it with DI.





I made a small rose from the same card and then used my Melting Pot to make it into a Porcelain rose. I cut a leaf using the Tattered Leaves die and gave it the same treatment. I added a Memo Pin and Type Charm. The word 'letters' is made from the Stampendous alphabet and I punched out each letter with a small circle punch and then covered each one with Glossy Accents. 


The main text is from the Tim Holtz Good Thoughts set and the script is from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace set stamped onto card which has had DI blended over and I've punched holes down the side and ripped them with a pokey tool. I coloured the small piece of lace with re-inkers and added a clip and a pen nib. 


 I'm also entering this project into the following challenges: 



I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.



12 comments:

  1. What a great way to alter a letter rack and have something not only beautiful in your home, but useful too. I love all the distressing and the elements you have used on it.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. toooo beautiful to put bills in Sue!!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue
    A stunning project in that it is beautiful and practical.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have the most unusual letter rack in the world, lol - lots of things going on there - cool x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally sensational, Sue!! Love all the wonderful vintage style embellishments, especially the porcelain rose and the way you made the letters for LETTERS. Your bill rack turned into a home decor piece - very cool. Love the greens too.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!!! I love when the art has a purpouse. I'd use that letter holder everyday, Way cool!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Sue, that's a breathtaking piece, so wonderful. Love the color scheme and all the details on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous idea, and a wonderful home for your letters. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic card hun! Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fantastic project Sue! love all the details you have though of adding especially the "Porcelain Rose". Love it. Have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card
    Thank you for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at Charisma Cardz this time x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!