Friday, 18 May 2012

A card for a Queen !

We've come round to another Friday, which means it's time for the next challenge over at The Stamp Man. This time it's my turn to host the challenge and we would like to see a card for a Queen ! As usual there is the prize of a £10 voucher for the winner to spend in The Stamp Man online store.



So, to say I struggled with this one is putting it mildly ! My mojo flew straight out the window and I was left staring at my work table hoping for something to jump out and hit me ! The lovely Jill was very kind to send us some stamped images to use for this one, which saved my bacon ! Only problem was I cut the flag out a bit on the skew and didn't have another one, but I don't think it's too obvious that one side is wider than the other ! So, onto the card, I started by blending Broken China and Festive Berries DI over some card and cut out 2 different sizes of bunting. I glued these to a piece of DP and then used the Tim Holtz Regal mini mask crown and sponged Broken China DI over it. Then I used the swirl from the same set but sponged Festive Berries DI over it. I embossed some card using the Cuttlebug EF Victoria and sponged Broken China DI over and also used the ink pad direct to the card.



I painted the crown using Tim Holtz Distress Markers. The flag is embossed with gold EP and I cut it out (albeit crookedly!) using the deckle edged Nestability and sponged some Walnut Stain DI around the edge. The lace is dyed using Antique Linen re-inker and a watercolour paint brush.

I hope you get chance to join us and please make sure you check out the other DT members fabulous cards.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Sue As always your card is fabulous. I love to pop over and view your creations as they are always so inspirational. I've got you on my sidebar so I know when you have posted. Thanks for sharing ........Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the regal crown
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, this card worked perfectly, a real stunner as usual. I love all the layers and colours, the bunting provides a perfect backdrop and the crown stands out so regally. Love it.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, this card turned out perfectly, love all the layering, the crown looks fabby. xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!