Sunday, 6 May 2012

Cities Around the World !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge. We've loved the guesses that you've been making from the sneak peaks so it's time to reveal that the challenge this time is Cities Around the World !


Now, I have to say I really struggled to get my ideas going for this one. I don't have any London stylie stamps (which maybe I need to rectify!) and I thought I ought to give Paris a rest so my thoughts finally rested on this stamp of the Taj Mahal. This is high up on my list of places to visit and it is in the city of Agra in India.

I started with the background and used Speciality Stamping Paper and then Pan Pastels (which don't work so well on this surface) with a mask. Then stamped the swirl from the Stampin' Up Baroque Motif set with Versamark and blended some more PP over it. The little flower is also from the same set and I've stamped it with Fired Brick and Walnut Stain DI. The embossed panel is also made with SSP and I blended Fired Brick DI over it first. After I'd embossed it using the Paisley Cuttlebug EF I rubbed Versamark over the top and then used Gold embossing powder. The main image is stamped onto SSP that I've used the Wrinkle Free Distress technique on. After I'd stamped the image I then used some bleach to highlight some of the areas.


I painted some card with gold acrylic paint then cut out the swirls with a Sizzix Sizzlet Die. The flowers are all cut using the Tim Holtz Mini and Tattered Florals dies. I've then used the Shattered Stains technique on them as well as on the butterfly. For the largest flower  I also went around the edge with a gold marker pen.

I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is Show a Kaleidoscope of Colour and the Pan Pastels challenge which is Anything Goes.








23 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, love this card, the stamping and effects achieved with the pastels is superb. The flowers are gorgeous. I was lucky enough to spend two months in India and the Taj Mahal is a spectacular site at dawn. Have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue this is a fabulous creation with stunning elements. You have used a variety of techniques and the outcome is beautiful. Thanks for sharing......Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning creation Sue and the effect with the pan pastels looks amazing. A gorgeous image too and your embellishing is fabulous.
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me both Sue I would love to visit the Taj Mahal. The card scene is so dramatic and vibrant all looks so special.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, love the Taj Mahal stamp and the rich red colours.
    Yvconne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great piece, I love the composition and the rich red you've used :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Was für eine tolle Karte.
    Großartig gemacht und wunderschön...

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, your Taj Mahal card looks fantastic, love the red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it,,, what a unnusal styule,,,,so vibrant,,,so different,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow love the red Sue!! your topper is ace :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue, I think the red is perfect for the Taj Mahal. Nice and rich and lush. And I really like the bleach effect, which seems to bring out the lightness of the background and balances the card. Just gorgeous Sue!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue
    We can almost feel the heat of the Indian sun on our skins.
    Intense, exotic colours which are so perfect for your stamp selection.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous colours and layers Sue that reflect the theme of this perfectly. Wonderfully conceived and composed.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fabulous card Sue, I love the richness of the colours for your theme. Beautiful image and the bleached highlights look wonderful.
    Have a great weekend.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The effect from the pastels looks wonderful Sue, love the gorgeous rich colour tones to this project, thanks for sharing it with us at PanPastel UK.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG Sue, this is AMAZING! Looooove the colours and the stamping is so beautiful with those highlights. And the crackled flowers - pure delight! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow this is fabulous I love the colour and the image and those flowers and butterflies look fantastic. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh WOW what a wonderful card Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE your DT piece, lovely details!

    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh Sue. Love those flowers! This is a real demonstration in restricting yourself to a couple of colours and it is so dramatic.
    Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sue, wow what a rich colour palette. Really stunning and those flowers look amazing.
    Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What gorgeous colours, I love it. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sue, this is so rich and elegant! Love the red and gold and those flowers are to die for! Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!