Thursday, 24 May 2012

Les fleurs !

For my Katzelkraft DT project this time I've made a card that was an order from a lady at work.It's her Mum's birthday today and she asked me to make a card with flowers on it.


I received the new Spring Distress Inks on Monday and the lemon and the lilac were just the inpsiration I needed ! I used the Musique, Automne Demie Plaque Pluie, Fleurs and Nature Quotations stamp sets. For the background I used the resist technique and embossed the images with white EP and then blended the DI over the top. I stamped the main image and then made a mask from the Tim Holtz Ideaology Mask Sheets using the Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers Mini Tickets die. While the mask was over the main image I then stamped the words from the Nature Quotations stamp set using second generation stamping. I also blended DI over it while the mask was in place.


The flower is made using the Tattered Florals die and Crinoline, which I've coloured using DI. The button is a gorgeous Prima wooden button. The butterfly, crinoline and ribbon are all from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique. I made the sentiment on my PC and cut it out using the Tim Holtz Tattered Banners die.

All of the stamps I've used are available exclusively from The Craft Barn in the UK or from Katzelkraft in France.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:



21 comments:

  1. Hi Sue. This is why I follow you as you are such a versatile crafter. This is absolutely fabulous and the colours are perfect together. Thank You for sharing and I am sure it will be treasured. Crafty Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Sue! The stamps are gorgeous and the new ink colours are very pretty. I haven't succumbed to them yet but I'm sure it won't be long :D. Hugs, Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue
    This lady is going to feel so loved when she sees her card, it is beautiful.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eine wunderschöne Karte.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card, the flower looks wonderful. I also love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Sue and very well received I bet.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely, Sue! Love the flower and 3-D effect of the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is very pretty! Thanks for sharing at Die Cuttin' Divas.--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see you are enjoying the new distress inks colours as much as I am Sue, the colours certainly so full a hole in the range.

    And your card is just delightful, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Sue, lovely colours and fab stamps! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge's 'Handmade Flowers' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely!

    Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're card is adorable!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back next week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! I love the dimensional flower and that butterfly is fabulous!
    Thanks for playing along with the Die Cuttin' Divas this week.
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning composition Sue, aren't these new Distress Inks just gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous card, love the combo
    thanks for playing with us at BTC&G this month
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sue fantastic card, love the gorgeous new DI's you've used, a great combination. Lovely masked central panel. Hope you had agreat weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your stamping is gorgeous, Sue, and the colors are blended so beautifully. That stacked flower is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sue, this is my kinda card, just love it. Beautiful colours, stamping and design. Thanks for joining BTC&G this month and good luck. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is stunning I LOVE the way you have used those inks! Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.
    Hugs

    Amy xx
    P.S. Do you fancy a crafty get away? I am arranging one for October this year and there are still spaces. Click HERE for details

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. I love what you have done with the new distress inks. Just lovely.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!