Sunday, 20 May 2012

Steampunk with a bit of diesel !

It's time for another challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge. This one is a first for me as this time we would like to see your Steampunk creations !


I have to be honest, I really didnt' know where to start with this one ! That's 2 challenges in as many days that have had me stumped ! So, after browsing the internet for some inspiration and asking my Mum if she had any rusty washers ! I decided to keep it simple and do a tag. I used the Spritz and Flick technique on the background and I embossed part of the tag using a Tim Holtz EF. The motorcycle stamp is from the Artistic Outpost Diesel Punk stamp set. The hot air balloon is a B Line stamp.




The main image is from the same Artistic Outpost stamp set and is stamped onto Speciality Stamping Paper then I've used Tim Holtz Distress Markers to paint it. I then blended DI around the image as it looked far too clean ! The clock face is a Tim Holtz stamp which I've stamped onto metal then distressed with black acrylic paint and added a spinner. I stamped the Diesel Punk words from the Artistic Outpost set and then cut out an arrow and used the Spritz and Flick technique again. The Speed Limit sign is also from the Diesel Punk stamp set and I wound some wire around a thin paint brush to make the spring and attached it to the tag using 2 eyelets. Last, but by no means least, are the fabulous, rusty washers donated by my Mum, who doesn't bat an eye any more when she receives random text messages asking if she's got things like rusty washers !

I hope you get chance to join us and make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the fab work by the DT.



15 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, love your tag, she is a cute steampunk kid, love the idea of using rusty washers, beautifully detailed and stamped. Have a great Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue brilliant tag. I love steam punk so must make something to join in the challenge. TFS.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag Sue, you have included great elements and image to produce a great steampunk style. I would never have known you were stumped with it.
    Enjoy your Sunday. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous tag Sue and it amazes me the amount of detail you ladies can pack on one!
    Love all the texture and inking and sorry if you struggled with it but you've definitely risen to the challenge!
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic tag, the rusty washers look great, love the image as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ein schönes Tag, super!

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the rusty washers for embellishments and the background is very cool! You created a great Steampunk tag! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...wondeful piece Sue...loVe your rusty bits they give so much texture...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue
    It doesn't look as though you were stumped as this is a fabulous tag and I love the washers.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag Sue, wouldn't have thought you were sumped for this. Love the images you have used - and brilliant rusty washers!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another stunner Sue and that little guy is such a cutie you just want to give him a big cuddle.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool. The little steampunk child looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sue...wow, this is a really great tag! Love the stamp set that you have used, and the colours are gorgeous. Your mum is a real gem for finding those washers, the colours on them are amazing!!! Great first go at steampunk, did you enjoy it in the end?
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at you Grungy Girl!!! This is fantastic!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous grungy steampunk, Sue!!! You rocked it... love the colors and embossing, and way to go Mum on the gear provisions!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!