Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Stencils & Masks at Frilly and Funkie !

It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie. There were some fantastic altered items for the last challenge, make sure you check back on Monday to see if you've won ! For this next challenge the lovely Marjie has set the task to use stencils and masks on your project. 




The photo doesn't show the detail too well so it's hard to see that I've used a stencil and a mask on the background. I had the urge to use aqua and pink on  this card for some strange reason ! Not my usual colour preferences at all ! I sponged Broken China DI over the mask and then moved it slightly and sponged Tattered Rose DI over it. I also used a stencil to make a border along the bottom and used some more Broken China DI. For the background panels I used a Katzelkraft post mark stamp and on the other I used the Stampin' Up En Francais background stamp. I used a mask over them and sponged some more Broken China DI. The main image is a Crafty Individuals stamp and this is it's first outing !



The flower is made from watercolour paper which I've dipped into Tattered Rose DI that I stamped onto my craft sheet and then spritzed with water. The ribbon is seam binding that came as part of the packaging from some goodies I ordered from The Funkie Junkie Boutique and was the perfect colour for this project. I dyed the lace using Linda's technique of picking up some re-inker with a watercolour brush and just painting it with the colour I wanted. I added a Tim Holtz pen nib and clip and the buttons are from my stash.

I'm entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge of Anything Goes. 

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and don't forget to check out the fab creations of the rest of the DT.

14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sue. Fabulous colour and stunning details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was für ein traumhafte Karte...

    Die Farben sind so prächtig und schön.

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love that Broken China/Tattered Rose color palette you used, Sue. I was a little surprised at your color choices though - very un-Sue-like :) Your card is fabulous as always - love that tattered rose flower and the wonderful work with hand painting the lace. Terrific work with the masking too!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, love the layering and all the Fab details.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, I love this, such a beautiful layered effect, gorgeous colourings, superb flower too, I've wanted this stamp for ages, may just have to get it now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a fantastic card with great layers. Fabulous colors and images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue......this is gorgeous. I love the layers, images and embellishments. Thanks so much for sharing............Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is still a gorgeous colour palette Sue and a great design and main focus image.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible card Sue, really great design. Love the colours, stamping, layout and the embellishments. Thanks for giving us lots of inspiration. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. These colours are fabulous together Sue...and I just love the softness and vintageness they give to the card. I love it!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Sue, your card is stunning! Love that image and all you've done with her. The colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue, I love your bathing beauty! The pink and blue color combination is so pretty! Beautiful layers as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This vintage images are fantastic!!! Love your soft coloration as well!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!