Friday, 4 May 2012

What's your favourite technique ?

Happy Friday everyone ! A long week end on the horizon, I just hope the weather is a little kinder to us all. So, it's time for the next challenge at The Stamp Man. The challenge we've got for you this time is to use your favourite technique. Now I'm a little bit addicted to techniques, I can't get enough of them, so to choose a favourite was extremely hard ! So I guess I've cheated a little and used more than one, couldn't resist!


I started by blending different DI's over some Speciality Stamping Paper and then doing the Spritz and Flick technique. I have to say the results on this paper are fabulous !



I then stamped over the background using Tim Holtz stamps and used the text stamp from the Papillon set. I used the stamp without an acrylic block so that it didn't stamp a perfect image using Coffee Archival ink. I then stamped over that using Black Archival ink. I tore a page from an old book and then distressed it using Gathered Twigs, Aged Mahogany and Walnut Stain DI. The main image is a Stampedous stamp which I've stamped onto watercolour paper. I then painted it using Barn Door re-inker and Fired Brick Distress Stains and a little Bundled Sage re-inker for the leaves.


I used the wear red stamp from the Darkroom Door 1920s Chic set and attached it wth an eyelet and added some thread. The post mark stamp is is from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace set. The rose was made using the Mini Tattered Florals die and I used my Melting Pot to coat it with UTEE. The ribbon and lace are from my stash and I dyed the lace using Black Soot DI which I pressed onto my craft sheet then spritzed with water and dipped the lace into it.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


9 comments:

  1. Hi Sue...yep I have to say that is one of my fave's too it's just so effective...beautiful work...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sue, the background is amazing, the whole card is such a beautiful creation, love that corset stamp too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Sue, the red bodice and the Moulin Rouge in the background is inspirational and the techniques you have used are perfect.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Sue!! All the elements really work well together. And I love the red corset. I have this stamp and love it too!!
    Have a good weekend.
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, this is fantastic. I love all things distress inks too, and this stamp is fab.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  6. another fab one Sue great colour combo :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this technique, too. Your card looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is stunning Sue. A fantastic technique and the end result is amazing, love it all.
    Big Hugs
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I had the figure to wear that red outfit, an amazing technique Sue, fabulous finished project.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!