Thursday, 7 June 2012

Butterfly tag !

For my Katzelkraft DT project I've made another jumbo tag ! I've used the new Spring DI colours, just love the Peacock Feathers colour, and also Ripe Persimmon from the Autumn set. Blended over the tag and then used the masks I made using the Elegant Flourishes die.




I stamped over the background with various stamps from Fleurs Grunge, Hummingbirds and the Paris Postal sets. I then stamped the butterflies from the Wings set onto watercolour paper and painted them using Distress Markers.


I masked them off and then stamped the text from the Nature Quotes set with white acrylic paint. I dried it off and then blended DI over the top, spritzed a piece of kitchen roll and wiped it over the top.


I used a piece of TH Tissue Wrap behind the centre panel, and distressed the edges with Walnut Stain DI.






The flower is my first real dabble with Kraft Glassine paper. I saw this in the latest Craft Stamper magazine and loved it ! It's made using the Tattered Florals and Mini Tattered Florals dies, Walnut Stain DI and a Hitch Fastener for the centre.

I'm entering this tag into the following challenges:





10 comments:

  1. Hi Sue absolutely yummy tag, beautiful background, seems a shame to cover it up, but the stamped butterflies are amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was für ein herrliches Tag.
    Wunderschöne Farben. Und Schmetterlinge liebe ich sowieso :-)

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag Sue, love the background, glad you showed that as well.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tag alone is sensational! You have such an amazing flair for this technique, I almost hated to see it covered up, but then...WOW!! It only accentuated the tag. I love the look of your amazing tag. Those butterflies look so realistic. Beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work Sue, lovely background and superb butterflies. Love it.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous tag with great details, love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunner as ever Sue. Your backgrounds are as special as your main images and it seems such a shame to cover them. Loving your mask too. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. delicious those colours, stunning! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another adorable tag plus the colouring of the butterflies is awesome.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!