Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Frilly & Funkie challenge

It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and this time we have a photo for you to take your inspiration from. Make sure you check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work and remember there is a $15 gift certificate to spend in the Funkie Junkie Boutique for the winner.




I decided to do something a little different for this challenge and have made a wall hanging. I've used Kraft corrugated card for the background. I painted a piece of Crinoline with watered down Gesso and once it was dry, stamped it with Archival Olive ink. The moth has been painted using Distress Markers, picking up the ink from my craft mat.



The large flower and leaves are all stamped using Wendy Vecchi stamps. The yellow flower is stamped onto sticky back canvas that's been stuck to Grunge Paper then coloured using Distress Markers. The other flowers and leaves are stamped straight onto Grunge Paper and coloured using distress inks, as is the heart.


The sentiment is also a Wendy Vecchi stamp and I love it ! I've blended DI from the Spring collection over it and stuck it to some Jute Mesh. Quite simple but I have to say I really like it !





10 comments:

  1. It's wonderful, Sue! Love the flowers especially and that sentiment sure is spot-on. I really love all the different textures and dimension... it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, I luv the bold color of the sweet flower...nicely done....hope you have a super day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, it's a fantastic card, great texture and details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I really like it too Sue, a great piece which is rather different for you, but very attractive.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable Sue a true piece of art.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lurrrve this Sue :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your parrot color inspired Wendified wall hanging...phew, that was a mouth full! What a fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your project is so inspiring! I really like the textures and that sentiment is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Sue, this is so totally COOL! I didn't even realize it was crinoline until I read your post. Funny, too, because I did the Friday Focus on crinoline and I should have mentioned what you had done with hit. I love the way it looks with the stamping on it. Another whole world of possibilities opening up here. What a gorgeous piece of wall art you have created! Hope your holiday was wonderful!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect WV style! Sue, this is a wonderful wall hanging and what you did with the Crinoline is amazing! I know what will be on my wish list! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!