Saturday, 23 June 2012

I've finished it !

You know the saying 'better late than never' well I guess that this applies to me as I've just finished the project I started at the ArtsyCraft workshop just over 2 weeks ago ! In all fairness I have been on holiday for a week in between, that's my excuse anyway !



This is the front page, I love the image which is transferred onto fabric. The flower is made from PaperArtsy Crunchy paper, Kraft Glassine paper and a Basic Grey button.


This is what it looks like opened out, all of the panels are double sided, I've not photographed every one as I would still be here this time tomorrow ! So instead I've just shown you some highlights.



The main image on this panel is also an image transferred onto fabric. Lots of painting, layering and sewing !




This image was stamped onto material, painted using Fresco Finish paints and then covered with a piece of gauze which was burnt off using a soldering iron ! Had loads of fun zipping around the edge in a random fashion with the sewing machine too !



More painting and layering on this panel and the flower was made using a tea light ! I made this at home as didn't get round to it in the workshop and my other half was a tad concerned at the smell of burning !

I'm also entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge which is to use some brown. 




16 comments:

  1. Meine Güte, Sue, was für ein wundervolles Kunstwerk.
    Es sieht unglaublich schön und kostbar aus.

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh dear your project are totally adorable....genau sieht unglaublich SCHÖÖÖN aus...Ich wohne in Munich aber ich komme aus Indonesien :) Lovely Project and good luck for the challenge dear...

    I am also joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, my creation is number 181, would you mind to see it in my Blog :) Many thanks before :) hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous project you have created Sue. I love the stamped images. What would you recommend to colour images stamped on fabric as I am making my first attempt. I love to view your creations, which are always inspiring. Thank you for sharing and good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A work of art Sue this really shows how much fun you have had it is gorgeous.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that looks amazing!! Worth the extra time you spent, what a beautiful piece :)
    Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous. So many details, you must have enjoyed making this .
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, This is time so well spent! I love the look of glassine flowers and your flower is quite the eye catcher! OK, the entire project is eye catching! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project and I can see just how much work you put into this! Thanks for joining us in this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Staggeringly good Sue. This would have taken me a year not just a couple of weeks! Stamping onto the material sort of gives it a totally different feel and the sewing adds such texture. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent, hugs Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, it turned out amazing, love all the different elements included within. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A labour of love. This is quite stunning and showcases your knowledge of stamping and techniques.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, I love all the fabric and your image transfer. Wonderful texture and layers of interest make for a wonderful creation . All the work was so worthwhile. Thanks for entering this beauty into the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Sue this is amazing I love all the layers, fabrics, beautiful stamping and the image transfers are superb. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue, I'm missing words, that's a breathtaking project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that is simply breathtaking! A stunning project! Trace x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!