Thursday, 21 June 2012

Jazz time !

For my Katzelkraft DT post this week I've taken the opportunity to start on a project that I've been desparate to get going on. My youngest niece will be 18 on the 30th July, and for all of my nieces I've made an album from baby through to their 18th birthdays.


I thought I'd start with this page as the musical side seemed to attract me more than the baby pages ! I've used Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock Feathers DI on the background. The mask is the Tim Holtz Concerto one and I've blended more Peacock Feathers DI over it. I've then used the new Katzelkraft Bordures stamps and randomly stamped them using Broken China DI over the background. The black and white panel and the rosette have both been made with one of these stamps as well. The rosette is made using the Tim Holtz die.



The word Jazz is from the Musique stamp set. The saxophone die is a Quickutz die that I've had for years! Amazing what comes in handy ! The letters are grunge board and have been coloured using DI, and the swirl is the TIm Holtz Mini Flourish die.

So, that's one page down.......several more to go so you may find one or two more appear here !!

All of the stamps I've used are available exclusively from The Craft Barn in the UK or from Katzelkraft in France.

I'm also entering this layout into the Simon Says Stamp challenge which is anything but a card.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea and really a treasure for your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and a beautiful keepsake to treasure. TFS Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly are such a talented crafter and this is a really special creation. Bet your niece will be thrilled with the final album. Thanks for sharing, hugs Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning LO, Sue! I can promise you if the other nieces received such a gorgeous gift, this one is surely waiting for hers. Your page is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness! This is fantastic! Your album is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your niece will absolutely LOVE it!


    Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful layout Sue, love it.

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!