Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Let's see some texture !

We've come round to the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and this time it's my turn to host it. So, I've chosen texture as the challenge with the added twist of using material in your project !

Make sure you check out the rest of the DT's gorgeous work !


For my project I decided to make a mini book, which was inspired by a book I saw in one of the 365 Scrap magazines. I wanted the book to include words that mean alot to me, so I started with the Wendy Vecchi stamp of 'be yourself'.

 I made the book from watercolour paper which was sprayed with diluted DI re-inker. The panels are also made using watercolour panel and for the front panel I've covered it with Tissue Wrap which I've scrunched while the glue was still wet , I stamped the swirl and embossed it with white EP before I sprayed it with diluted DI re-inker and also with Stream Colour Wash.


This is what the book looks like when it's opened out, I purposely didn't go too made with layers and embellishments as I wanted to use different techniques and, for once, be able to see them at the end !



This is my first attempt at journalling ! I'm not sure I've got the hang of it just yet, but I really enjoyed the process ! I punched circles from a piece of paper and used it as a mask to stamp over to create circles of text. I then hand drew the circles around the text and used a mask with DI over the top.




For this page I used lots of diluted DI re-inkers and sprayed lots of layers drying them in between. The stamps I've used are Katzlekraft and this is the page where I've used my material. While I was on holiday a couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon an amazing shop stocked from floor to ceiling with gorgeous materials ! So, I had to buy one or two 'fat squares' ! I've made the flower from material using the Tattered Floral die and I've also pleated it across the bottom edge. The little flower in the centre is a paper flower that I've dipped into UTEE in my melting pot.



I couldn't resist doing some more stamping onto material and this time I've stamped onto Crinoline, which you can buy in the Funkie Junkie Boutique. I've painted the image using Distress Markers, the stamps are all PaperArtsy. I masked the bottles off once I'd stamped them, blended DI over the rest of the page and used the spritz and flick technique, and then removed the masks to blend some Wild Honey over them. The sentiment at the top is an Elusive Images stamp, which I love !


For the last page I used the watercolour technique that Tim Holtz covered in his Creative Chemistry classes. The gorgeous image is from a Vintage Collage stamp set by TJ Designs and the words are again by Elusive Images, and don't you just love that butterfly !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge, and remember you can join in at any point during the next 2 weeks.

I'm also entering this project into the below challenges:






19 comments:

  1. Großartige, wundervolle Werke.

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great piece, there are so many wondefful things to look at! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous book with many wonderful pages, great details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing and totally inspirational! I love every page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, Your Book looks stunning. I love everything you have done and the beautiful colours you have chosen are perfect. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project here Sue. I have something on the go at the moment that will fit the bill nicely methinks! Timing is everything!! Thanks for sharing, hugs Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just wonderful, such lovely colours and textures. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great details and textures its a fantastic project.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous... and I love this challenge. It's certainly brought out great stuff from the DTs, and I can't wait to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A real stunner Sue, I love it. Lots of beautiful stamping and techniques used and love the addition of fabric. XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sue!! What a lovely mini boook with such pretty details!! Just love the colors too! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS and INGENIOUS!!! love the book idea and the pages are fantastic...bright and fun! Love the cover...just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning Sue! The book is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing project Sue with so many fantastic details and wonderful techniques used!
    Thanks for using your dies for us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely mini book, fabulous stamping! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake for our Birds of a feather challenge! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sue, this is an absolutely gorgeous book! Love how you combined all the textures! Fun challenge and I just finished mine for Wednesday! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to be so late dropping by, Sue, to let you know how amazing your project is. Everything about it is just sensational - the design, the colors, all the wonderful images and embellishments. Love the stamping on the fabric! This was a brilliant challenge. I had such a great time with it. Your piece totally ROCKED!

    Hugs,
    LInda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Sue, this is just stunning! I love all the details... fantabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!