Make sure you check out the rest of the DT's gorgeous work !
For my project I decided to make a mini book, which was inspired by a book I saw in one of the 365 Scrap magazines. I wanted the book to include words that mean alot to me, so I started with the Wendy Vecchi stamp of 'be yourself'.
I made the book from watercolour paper which was sprayed with diluted DI re-inker. The panels are also made using watercolour panel and for the front panel I've covered it with Tissue Wrap which I've scrunched while the glue was still wet , I stamped the swirl and embossed it with white EP before I sprayed it with diluted DI re-inker and also with Stream Colour Wash.
This is what the book looks like when it's opened out, I purposely didn't go too made with layers and embellishments as I wanted to use different techniques and, for once, be able to see them at the end !
This is my first attempt at journalling ! I'm not sure I've got the hang of it just yet, but I really enjoyed the process ! I punched circles from a piece of paper and used it as a mask to stamp over to create circles of text. I then hand drew the circles around the text and used a mask with DI over the top.
For this page I used lots of diluted DI re-inkers and sprayed lots of layers drying them in between. The stamps I've used are Katzlekraft and this is the page where I've used my material. While I was on holiday a couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon an amazing shop stocked from floor to ceiling with gorgeous materials ! So, I had to buy one or two 'fat squares' ! I've made the flower from material using the Tattered Floral die and I've also pleated it across the bottom edge. The little flower in the centre is a paper flower that I've dipped into UTEE in my melting pot.
I couldn't resist doing some more stamping onto material and this time I've stamped onto Crinoline, which you can buy in the Funkie Junkie Boutique. I've painted the image using Distress Markers, the stamps are all PaperArtsy. I masked the bottles off once I'd stamped them, blended DI over the rest of the page and used the spritz and flick technique, and then removed the masks to blend some Wild Honey over them. The sentiment at the top is an Elusive Images stamp, which I love !
For the last page I used the watercolour technique that Tim Holtz covered in his Creative Chemistry classes. The gorgeous image is from a Vintage Collage stamp set by TJ Designs and the words are again by Elusive Images, and don't you just love that butterfly !
I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge, and remember you can join in at any point during the next 2 weeks.
I'm also entering this project into the below challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp and Show - Depths of Distress
- Pan Pastel challenge - Anything goes
- Allsorts - Any die will do (I used Tattered Florals die)
- Cupcake Craft Challenges - Birds of a Feather