Sunday, 17 June 2012

A little bit of Nature !

We've arrived at the next challenge for The Fashionable Stamping Challenge, and this time we're going back to Nature. So, as long as your project includes some stamping and fits with the theme, we'd love to see it!

I've got everything crossed that this post will appear OK, as since I've been back from holiday yesterday afternoon, there's been alot of problems with an error code keep appearing. I believe that the issue is something to do with the AVG search tool bar, but as I don't have that open I've no idea what's going on !

Anyway, back to today's project, I've had to cheat a little as we were away on holiday last week so I've not had time to make anything from scratch so thought I would show you a couple of pages of a work in progress project. I attended one day of the last ever Artsycraft week ends before I went on holiday, I didn't get chance to finish the project so now I'm back I'm getting stuck in with it !



The pages are going to form a folding book, once I've finished it all I will be back to share, but in the mean time here are 2 of the pages ready to be sewn together.


The bird on this page was die cut from acetate stamped on one side with Stazon and then painted on the reverse. Lots of stamping on the strips of fabric and loads of random sewing !


The 2 dragonflies are made from PaperArtsy Crunchy paper and have been stamped onto with a text stamp and then screwed up. The material panel behind them has also been stamped using Coffee Achival ink.


It was the last ever Artsycraft week end and I'm so pleased I was able to book onto at least one day. These week ends have been amazing, not only the projects but the organisation that goes into them is just mind blowing ! To say I've learnt alot is by far selling them short. I understand the reasons for them having to stop, but that doesn't mean to say I'm not going to miss them !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


17 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, fabulous make sew very beautiful can't wait to see the finished book. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue!!! You look as if you had an absolute ball at the Artsycraft week...this is stunning! I don't sew - at all - and I have sooo much admiration for those that do! I love the detail and uniqueness off the bird too, it is very creative.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    Wunderbare und interessante Werke, liebe Sue.
    Chapeau!

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo Sue gorgeous I just want to see more. You have really wetted my appetite especially the bit about random sewing.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are amazing pages. Stunning details, and sewing.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see your creation popped up Sue as it's a real stunner. Just love the use of the fabrics and lace which add loads of lovely texture and really set off the stamping and crackled embellies.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fab Sue, AC classes are certainly in a league of their own, sad I couldn't make it to the last one, can't wait to see the project completed. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful, I love the rosette and the charm and frame are just stunning
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue
    I was experiencing lots of blogging issues myself with me being unable to access my blog - hope your situation has resolved.
    Gorgeous with so many wonderful textures and surfaces.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Sue, what beautiful artwork. I love all the gorgeous colours and texture.
    Hope blogger is playing nicely now for you
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Sue, this looks amazing and a real work of art.I love the fabrics and images and textures, in fact I love it all. can't wait to see it all finished.
    Hope you enjoyed your holiday.
    hugs {brenda] xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this rocks, a fantastic piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely..


    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue, you have created gorgeous textures on these 2 pages, looking forward to seeing the finished project.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue, this is such a gorgeous book! Love all the textures you incorporated in this creation! Hope this stays working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sue, These look great. I was on the same workshop (in fact was lucky enough to do all 3 that weekend) but I am in the process of making mine into a wall hanging. Will post it when done. It was a great workshop though wasn't it?
    Using fabric instead of paper creates such fabulous tactile projects.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!