Monday, 4 June 2012

Magical and Mystical !

I am sooo late with my DT project for The Fashionable Stamping Challenge, time just ran out last week ! So, I'm now on catch up and the challenge this time round is Magical and Mystical. Remember Marina from Cottage Crafts is our sponsor and there is a €7 voucher up for grabs to spend in her store for the winner.



I've been really enjoying myself with the extra large tags that I bought from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique, so apologies you may see quite a few ! For this tag I decided to have a go at the Faded Layers technique (Compendium of Curiosities II, p43).


I thought I'd show you the background before I cover it up ! I cut the stencil from a Mask Sheet using the TH Elegant Flourishes die. I used the new Spring Distress Inks with some Seedless Preserve DI (love these colours!). I used the TH Fabulous Flourishes stamp set and also the text stamp from the Wendy Vecchi Art from the Heart set.I then sprayed it with Perfect Pearls Mist Biscotti.



I stamped the main image using TH Distress markers coloured straight onto the Tanda Stamps stamp, onto watercolour paper, and then painted the image using the marker ink (love these markers too!). I dabbed some embossing ink around the corners and then sprinkled silver EP onto it. The embossed panel is made from a Ranger Foil Tape sheet, which I've stuck onto card and then embossed using the Retro Texture Fades folder. I then used several Alcohol inks on it and then covered it with black acrylic paint. I rubbed most of the acrylic paint off and sanded across the top. The star is made from a Stampin' Up flower punch which I've cut the rounded edges off, then used the cracked distress technique. The die cut word is a Sizzix die that I've cut one from black card and offset the top die cut so it gives the impression of a shadow. The ticket is made using the Movers & Shapers ticket die and the text is an Elusive Images stamp.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge, and do make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the fabulous work of the rest of the DT (if you haven't already!).

I'm entering this tag into the following challenges:


16 comments:

  1. Really like the technique Sue. The background is amazing. Love the stamped image and embellishments too. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sue. Love the background as much as the main image, and you've given the ole' mojo a bit of a nudge for creating something for the FSC challenge. Think someone/thing out there is stealing time from us good folks in Staffordshire (or do you think it's a national phenomenon?!) Thanks for sharing, hugs Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I love your extra large tag! I love those, too!!! Your colorful background looks amazing. I love the masking and stamping also! Your embossed metal really is a nice touch sandwiched in between the tag and your stamped image. Great job! Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous tag. I love the background - almost too nice to cover up! The image is fab too. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful, the background is amazing and the wizard fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, that is one incredible background! Love all the faded layers. Every jumbo inch is covered in magical wonder! I used one of the larger tags today and do love them also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is AMAZING!!!! LOVE your wizard image--and your created background is superb! Fabulous tag!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue this is fabulous, Love the background on the tag, beautiful colours. Great image, very magical!
    Have a grea day.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a superb background Sue, I gotta go try that one. A gorgeous tag with your wonderful layered pieces.
    Hope you have enjoyed the long weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue
    You certainly created a magical feel on your tag.
    Wonderful colours.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scary! LOL! That background is super fabulous...it shimmers I am sure! Cool tag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the background little different for you but stunning as ever. Had to smile at the main Image took me back to first seeing your work on Tanda Teaser. Was wowwed by your style then still am. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue, this is one gorgeous and truly MAGICAL tag, the colours are fantastic. Beautiful layers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tag in great colors...

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely magical what a fabby wizard stamp.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!