Friday, 1 June 2012

One for the men !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Stamp Man and with Father's Day fast approaching the challenge this time is Make it for a man. Remember there's a £10 voucher to spend in the online store for the winner.


I decided to have a go with one of the jumbo tags that I bought from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique. They are quite alot larger than the standard size so gives you alot more scope. I started by using the Curiosities Tim Holtz stamp set and stamping the small stamps using Distress Markers in Broken China, Rusty Hinge and Fired Brick. I then blended Tea Dye and Walnut Stain DI over and around the edge of the tag. I then embossed the whole tag using the Cuttlebug Tiny Mosaic EF. I then rubbed Embossing Ink over the tag and embossed it with clear EP.


I stamped all of the images and text, which are from the Darkroom Door Photography and the Tim Holtz Curiosities sets, with black Archival Ink and blended DI over them. The film strip is made using a stamp from the Darkroom Door Photography stamps set and I've stamped it several times onto acetate. The frame for the main text is made using the Movers and Shapers Mini Tickets die. I added some gold EP to the heads of the screw brads and a filigree metal corner to the top of the tag.

I'm entering this tag into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is One for the Boys.


8 comments:

  1. I ADORE this Sue. The background colours blend so well and are perfect with the elements you have layered on top. Gorgeous.
    Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely stunning Sue. So much to look at and I love all the stamped images you used. TFS

    Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, this large tag is simply stunning! I love it! I love everything about it..the colors, the images, the design. It's really really cool! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, gorgeous tag, so many lovely layers and textures to explore, beautifully stamped as always, a real stunner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic tag, great components.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous tag, full of texture and layered elements that create a fabulous piece for a man.
    Happy Jubilee weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Sue! Love all the embossing and your gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, this is a jumbo beauty! The embossing and layers are so perfect with all the images! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!