Friday, 29 June 2012

Show us some bling !

It's time for another challenge over at The Stamp Man and this time we would like to see some bling ! There's the usual £10 voucher up for grabs to spend in the The Stamp Man online store.


I decided to use this opportunity to make the first of 4 18th birthday cards for my youngest niece. I can't believe she'll be 18 ! I can still remember her as a baby like it was yesterday !

I'm rather hooked on stamping onto fabric at the moment so I decided to stamp the corset onto Crinoline and then I painted it using Distress Markers. I stamped the flourish onto Crinoline too and painted it again with Distress Markers. For the background panel I used Victorian Velvet Distress Stains, then I stamped the text stamp from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace set in different directions, heat set it and then went over the top with Picket Fence Distress Stains. It gives a lovely muted, chalky finish. For the side panel I used the Suchard stamp from the same set and used the same Distress Stains.


The panels for the numbers are small off cuts left over from the side panel. The cage is made using the Darkroom Door Birds stamp set which I've stamped onto shrink plastic, I punched the holes for the pearls before shrinking it and then sewed the pearls onto the cage. The tickets are stamped using the Tim Holtz Odds & Ends stamp set and I've gone around the edge using a Distress Marker watered down on my craft sheet.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

11 comments:

  1. Completely gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week!

    Lisa xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue. This is a lovely vintage piece. The stamp is stunning and I particularly like the techniques used. Good luck in your challenges and thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I love everything about it! Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the stamping onto fabric as it really adds to the feel of the image. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wie wunderschön...
    an genähte Karten habe ich mich noch nicht heran getraut.
    Chapeau!

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that corset image! Stunning card, Sue and just the right amount of bling! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A breathtaking card with wonderful details. Looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stamping on the fabric, and the subtle bling... really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it sad how quickly children all seem to grow up these days.
    I love the birdcage on shrink and all the fabric.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that sewing form and all your embellies are gorgeous. great card.
    thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stamping Sue, loving the corset stamped on crinoline, fabulous card. XX

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!