Sunday, 29 July 2012

Big Birthday Card !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping challenge and this one is an easy one for everyone as it's anything goes !


The card I've made is an 8 inch x 8 inch which is for my sister to give to her youngest daughter. I've used Pan Pastels to set the colour scheme for this card, I wanted the colours to be more pastel shades. I used loads of different stamps form Artistic Outpost, Tim Holtz, Katekelkraft, PaperArtsy, Indigo Blu, Darkroom Door and Oxford Impressions.


The wooden dress form has had a little white acrylic paint swiped over it and the corset is stamped onto sticky back canvas that's been mounted onto Grunge Paper. The paper doily has had Pan Pastels blended over it and then I just tipped the very edge with some Tea Dye DI. I've rubbed a little Pan Pastels over the lace too so it wasn't too white !


The numbers have been cut from sticky back canvas that I've again stuck to Grunge Paper using the Tim Holtz Word Play die. I used Broken Glass DI and a little Tea Dye DI around the edge. The bird cage die is a Poppystamps die and I've used more Pan Pastels on it. The main image is one that I love and is by Oxford Impressions. It's been stamped and cut out using Nestabilities and then I've blended a little DI around the edge.


We're in the middle of decorating at the moment, hence I'm a little later than usual posting this card. I suppost I'd better get back to it !

Hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


16 comments:

  1. Sue, this is a glamourous birthday card! Love the doily in the background and the little daughter tag on the dress from! So many lovely layers! It has been wonderful being DT Sisters over this last year! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really stunning card Sue which I'm sure your niece will be thrilled with. The colours are gorgeous and all the textured embellishing and lovely stamped image look fabulous.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can`t describe how much i like your card. The Layout is so wonderful, so many fantastic details.An amazing fabulous card!!!WOW!!!

    greetings
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with this card! I think the colours are utterly beautiful, and the layering and design are wonderful. The images are wonderful, and the sentiment is one I couldn't agree more with!! Beautiful, beautiful work... lucky niece!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card Sue, Love all your details and the main image is gorgeous. Love the layout and your colours.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue
    This is glorious. You used a favourite O.I. stamp (vintage but also has a lovely contemporary air to it). I love your choice of colours. Always so elegant.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue, what a gorgeous card. Your niece will adore it. Such fantastic layering and stamping. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fabulous Sue, a beautiful collage card. I love all the elements you have included and the design.
    Have fun decorating.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, such a beautiful card with great elements. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, your niece will love this. Gorgeous feminine details. as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a truly stunning card, I lve the vintage feel, the colour choices and all the layers make this wonderful! Trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Your work is always so beautiful, and this card sure falls into that realm. I love how you've mixed the stamped images with chipboard and fabric. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, LOOOOVE your card, Sue! Such a lovely feminine design with a yummy sprinkle of butterflies and delicious vintage flavour for seasoning! Gorgeous ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue...An awesome collage with subtle and delicate colours.The softness of the background is perfect for all the other bits to stand out against and be so eye catching. Really beautifully put together and coloured Sue.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!