Friday, 13 July 2012

Bubbles and Summer colours !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Stamp Man. This time it's the lovely Siobhan's turn to host the challenge and she's chosen anything goes with Summer colours ! Remember there is also the £10 voucher up for grabs for the winner to spend in the online shop.




I'm still working on the album for my niece's 18th Birthday, so I'm using every opportunity to do another page ! I started by blending Mowed Lawn, and Mustard Seed DI over some white card. I then stamped the circles from the Aspects of Design Alluring Ladies stamp set. The bunting is made using a free stamp from a Craft Stamper magazine. I've hand drawn the Summer tag and also around the edge of the sheet. The word 'bubbles' is made using a Cuttlebug alphabet die and coloured using Ripe Persimmon DI.


I stamped lots of circles onto white card blended DI over it and then punched circles with different size circle punches. I then added some Glossy Accents to some of the circles. The work 'play' is made using the Tim Holtz Wordplay die (have I mentioned I love this die!). I stamped the circles from the Aspect of Design stamp set, blended DI over the letters and added some more Glossy Accents to some of the circles.

I'm entering this layout into the following challenges:

Well I'm really hoping to see the sun over the week end, but I'm not holding my breath !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Sue...wow, with all the strong colour there are so many subtle, well blended bits to see...your neice is going to be feeling so very loved and special when she sees this.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely page, I'm sure that your niece will love it.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sue. Love the way you have echoed the bubbles all over the page. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a collage of fun Sue your niece is going to find this page so very exciting when she sees it in her album. Those colours blend in with the background of the picture so well.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, this is a wonderful page and what a great birthday gift! I love the colors and how you used that WP die! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fantastic page, full of joy. Love the fresh green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the life and fun in this - the green with that zingy touch of red really makes it come alive to match the great photo. Wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!