Sunday, 1 July 2012

Going oriental !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and this time we're going oriental ! Make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.


This challenge couldn't have come at a better time for me as my sister had just asked me to make a good luck card for a colleague who is going to work in Beijing. The stamps I've used are Non-sequitor stamps from The Stamp Man. I've blended DI over the background and used the spritz and flick technique, then randomly stamped the fan all over it. I've used the acrylic paint resist technique on the left hand panel. The main image has been stamped onto Speciality Stamping Paper, images do look alot crisper on this paper.




I've made the flower from lots of stamped fans, that have been stamped onto card that's had DI blended over it, then stuck together and shaped into the flower. I stamped the main image with white Brilliance ink onto black shrink plastic, this was more of an experiment really but worked really well ! The banner is printed on my PC.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


11 comments:

  1. What an amazing piece to start the challenge with Sue your image is so pretty as is the red and black colour scheme, everything just delicious.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, the flower is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the design and rolled flower.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever ideas with the fan flower and the black shrink plastic. Looking forward to this challenge. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous creation. Love the techniques used and the stamped images are stunning. TFS.Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning Sue! Particularly love the shrink plastic experiment. Never heard of black shrink plastic before. Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Sue, love all the inky techniques you've used and the shink plastic embellie is stunning.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning creation. I love the rich background colour, with that image, and the black shrink pastic piece is a great addition.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue...a really wonderful good luck card! There is so much to like and one of my favourite bits is the gorgeous flower! Awesome
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, loving your ioriental creation, fabulous stamping, love the negative image on the right too. Have a great day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card! I love your use of colours with this particular image, and adore your flower!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!