Monday, 30 July 2012

Happy 18th Birthday !

Happy 18th Birthday Eli !

Today is the 18th birthday of my youngest niece. I've been working on an album for her for the last few weeks and as it's now finished and been handed over I thought I would share it from start to end. I've not explained every page as that would take weeks, but there's still a few photos so I hope you're sitting comfortably ! 



Background was made using the resist technique and lots of Tattered Rose DI. The letters are made using the Tim Holtz Word Play die and Distress embossing powder.



I used lots of My Minds Eye paper for this page and scalloped Nestabilities. 


Papers, tearing and sewing with some stamping and the Tim Holtz Doily die were the main ingredients on this page. 


I couldn't resist doing some Spritz and Flick on this page ! 


Lots of DI and masks were used for the background. The doily is a paper one bought in the supermarket. 


Lots of DI again used with Aspects of Design stamps, Tim Holtz Word Play die and the Cuttlebug Olivia die. 


I masked off the bacgkound and then sprayed around the edges for this one. I also dug out my Martha Stewart around the page punches, not used those in ages ! 


Some more punching around the page coupled with some stamping, eyelets and tickets ! 



Grunge Board letters, DI and masks with a rosette to finish ! 


I used watercolour paper and acrylic paint for the background as well as some watercolour stamping too! 



And finally punches, canvas hearts and crinoline butterflies and flowers for this page. 

I have to say this has been some a pleasure to do and I'm already thinking of my next album ! If you've not been introduce to the Scrap 365 magazine then I would highly recommend it. I have found so much inspiration for this project in every issue.

8 comments:

  1. Love your gorgeous layouts Sue.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue such a personal gift, made with love. I am sure your niece will treasure this fabulous keepsake piece. As mentioned the layouts/techniques used are fabulous . TFS Crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sue, it's just fabulous! Each page has such personality. I love the one with the sun while your niece is in her shades the most. What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely scrapbook Sue. Bet your niece will be thrilled to receive it. Great to see lots of different pages, each of which really echo the pictures which are quite rightly the main focus. Thanks for sharing, hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a fabulous project, your niece will love it. Happy birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning, Sue! Not only is this a fabulous project, but such a wonderful gift to give you niece! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely sensational gift! I remember seeing some of these as they went through (sports day!!), and it's amazing to see the finished project. Wonderful work... and a very happy 18th to your niece!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. - I couldn't be more thrilled with the AO random pick - wouldn't have known yet without your comment, so thank you for that!!
    Ax

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!