Thursday, 5 July 2012

Happy 18th !

For my Katzelkraft DT project this time I've taken the opportunity to make another 18th birthday card for my niece. I saw a technique in the August Craft Stamper magazine that gave me the inspiration for this card.



The technique I saw was using Gesso and a plastic bag ! It gives such a wonderful texture and when it was dry I dabbed Fresco Finish paints over the top.


I used the Cage et Chandlier, Nature- Fleurs Grunge and Femmes 1900 stamp sets. I stamped the swirl over the Gesso layer using Coffee Archival ink. I stamped the flowers onto watercolour paper and then painted them using Distress Markers and Distress Ink re-inker. For the main image I sprayed some diluted re-inker onto my craft sheet and 'swooshed' some Speciality Stamping Paper through it. I dried it with my heat gun and then stamped the main image.


For the numbers I cut them from some thick card using the Tim Holtz Word Play die ( I love this die!). I stuck them to a piece of card and then covered them with metal. I refined around the numbers and then did a squiggly pattern  around them. I used acrylic paint to distress the metal and rubbed black Stazon ink across the top of the numbers. I dyed some seam binding using Distress Stains and spritzed it with water.

All of the stamps I've used are available exclusively from The Craft Barn in the UK or from Katzelkraft in France. 

I hope you're all having a good week, despite the weather !


11 comments:

  1. It looks splendidly!!!My admirations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wunderschön, eine herrliche Karte, die sehr kostbar aussieht...

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background looks amazing, a beautiful card and I'm sure your niece will love it.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is to die for Sue. Love the different techniques/textures/layers and the choice of colours. Such a beautiful finish to everything too. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, your niece will be thrilled! What a gorgeous and classy card! Love that texture and color with all the beautiful panels! It reminds me of a Tuscan wall finish! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is stunning Sue! The background texture created with the gesso is lovely and the warm colours so gorgeous.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another creation with so much detail in it, but all looking very feminine. Just about perfect for an 18th card. Can I be your niece lol.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a wonderful piece of art. Great texture and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful texture and techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Sue, Love the backgrounds. Great images.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!