Sunday, 15 July 2012

Inky layout !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and this time we would like you to get inky ! Make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fab work !


I'm still working hard on the album for my niece, 2 weeks and counting so I need to put some hours in this week ! The photo on this layout has made me smile every time I looked at it. My niece hated sports day and the expression on her face just says it all !

I started by blending Ripe Persimmon and Salty Ocean DI over the background and then I've used a mask and blended more ink over it. Then I used a circle punch and punched a  hole in a piece of paper and used it as a mask and stamped the Wendy Vecchie text stamp over the mask. I then used a black pen to draw rough circles around the text. The doily is a paper doily that I bought from the supermarket and I've  blended DI over it.


I blended move DI over some Speciality Stamping Paper and then used a free stamp from a Craft Stamper magazine to stamp the flowers and then cut them out. The large letters are cut using my new favourite die, the Tim Holtz Wordplay die. I blended DI over the letters and then stamped over them using a Katzelkraft stamp.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.

I'm also entering this layout into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is layers.



16 comments:

  1. Love the inky layers you have got into this page Sue. Doing a fab job so far with this album, and I'm sure that will continue. Good luck with your deadline. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue...you are getting through it! It is going to be one incredible gift when you have finished. I really like the bit where you have stencilled a large circle and then stamped over the top...very creative thinking!
    Love it all Sue.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, this is stunning. I love the colours you have used and the layers created using dies and stamps. TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue
    That photo makes me smile and also brings back horrendous memories of Sports Day (oh did I hate such times!)
    Great fun this layout and the colours work so beautifully with the photograph.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing worse than hating sports day, I used to love them.

    She is going to have a laugh at that photo and I am sure everything will be finished in time, stunning.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the background you've created - fabulous colours and techniques - and the photo-framing is great. Pass my commiserations to your niece - sports day sucks!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely page Sue! The inky sprayed doily looks great and so does the flower side border :)). Good luck with finishing the album! Hugs, Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, that look on her face really does capture her dislike of "sports" day! This layout is beautiful and the inky backgroud looks amazing! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That look says it all. its a fantastic layout love all the details.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another wonderful page, your niece will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout, love the doily in the background and your flowers are gorgeous. Adorable picture too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colours on this inky background. I love the photo, yes - you can tell she doesn't like sportsday!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. HELP, I can't keep up with all the beauties you make!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful piece. I love the background you made, and how you framed your neice's photo with the flowers and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful colours and layout Sue and such a cute photo.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. That photo is priceless, Sue! Love the way you've showcased it with this beautiful LO.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!