Thursday, 19 July 2012

Jumbo Music Tag !

For my Katzelkraft DT project I decided to have fun with a jumbo tag and lots of Distress Inks!


I started by blending lots of different Distress Inks over the background. I then stamped using the Musique stamp set (which you cant actually see alot of !) I also used the Allegro EF to emboss the top right hand corner of the tag. Then I used the Spritz and Flick technique from Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities. To create the word I used the Alphabet Corrupt stamps and used some Tissue Wrap a a layer beneath. I cut two tabs using the File Tabs die and stamped the words Jazz and Rock onto them. I created the circular frames using Nestabilities.


The two hearts are cut from metal with a Sizzix die and I've then embossed them with a Stampin' up EF. I used aclohol inks to colour the metal. The large flower is from some ribbon I bought from the Funkie Junkie Boutique and I've dyed it using Victorian Velvet Distress Stains. To finish off I spritzed the whole thing with Biscotti Perfect Pearls mist.

I'm also entering this tag into Studio L3 challenge which is to use the Spritz and Flick technique which you will find in Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities on p42. The challenge is sponsored by Simon Says Stamp with a fab prize of $25 ! I'm entering the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge too, which is No Rules !

10 comments:

  1. Whoa Sue this is toooo much, just keep looking and finding, looking and finding because everything tones so well I keep missing things. I bet in the flesh it just shimmers and glimmers. Subtle and gorgeous.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Sue. Loving the metal embossed hearts.......crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous tag with wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a bunch of inking goodness! Love that jumbo tag and every fabby element! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep going back, looking a bit more, finding something else, and repeating the process... WOW Sue, it is a triumph! So many elements that work so well together. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Sue. A feast of colour, texture and elements that have created a magnificent tag. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, das ist ein großartiges Tag.
    Soviel zum Gucken... :-)

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous tag, Sue! Love how you've done the heart, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue, your tag is beautiful! I love everything about it. All the layering of all those textures and colors is wonderful! Love the stamped "MUSIC" on top of the cut tab pieces. The circular Nestabilities look cool behind that tabbed piece. I also love the embossed heart and the shabby flower. Thanks for sharing your incredible tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really gorgeous - complex and beautiful colour combinations, a beautifully put together tag.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!