Friday, 27 July 2012

New Home Celebration !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Stamp Man. Jill (the boss!) is hosting this challenge and it's a nice easy one, Anything goes Celebrations ! Remember for the winner there is the usual £10 voucher to spend in the online shop.



One of my sisters is due to move house next week so I've made this tag which will accompany the gift I'm going to buy (need to think what that will be !) I've used the Darkroom Door Home Sweet Home stamp set and the Tim Holtz Fabulous Flourishes. I started by stamping the flourish across the bottom edge of the jumbo tag with Multi Matt Medium. I dried it off then blended a combination of Barn Door, Dried Marigold, Fired Brick, Ripe Persimmon and Spiced Marmalade DI over it. The glue resists the ink beautifully ! I then did a little spritz and flick and dried it off again. The pieces of torn paper are from an old book. I did some second generation stamping onto card I blended DI over then stamped the large house on top of that before cutting it out.


The numbers are cut using the fabulous Tim Holtz Word Play die, I've blended Ripe Persimmon DI over them and then coated them with Glossy Accents. The flower is cut using the Tattered Flowers die from Crinoline and they've been dyed with Distress Stains.


This is a quick post today as time has really not been on my side ! Hope you get chance to join us for this challenge !


9 comments:

  1. Brilliant tag... your blended colour combination is fantastic, and I love the funky text on house, sentiment, and those great numbers. You're winning me over towards orange!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely warm colours and a great design for a new home. Bet your sister will love it.
    Have a great weekend and enjoy the Olympics opening ceremony.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous housewarming tag! Love the sweet houses and sunny colors! Your sister will be thrilled! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thoughtful tag Sue. Love all the detail. Hope you are well. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ein herrliches Tag, da wird sich die Schwester sicher sehr drüber freuen...

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Sue as I'm sure your sister will. Will definitely be creating a little something for this challenge. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I was moving home Sue then you could make me a tag as gorgeous as this one. Beautiful colours.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. It's got a really arty look but stylish and co-ordinated enough to be appreciated by non-crafters. I wouldn't bother attaching it to a gift..it is the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful tag, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!