Thursday, 16 August 2012

Altered Drawers !

For my Katzelkraft  DT project I decided to alter one of four sets of drawers that have been gathering dust in my craft room.


 I painted the drawers with white matt emulsion and then sanded them lightly. The panels are all made from white card that I've used Broken China and Peacock Feathers DI on. I've used several Katzelkraft stamps sets - Paris Monuments, Nature, Alphabet Corrupt, Steamkatz, Steampunk Swirl and Paris Postal.


 I've stamped all of the images with black Archival ink and then I've used a stencil over the top with more DI.


 This gorgeous dress from is from the new Steamkatz stamp set and the letters are from the Alphabet Corrupt set.



 I've used the Alphabet Corrupt again and the cogs are from the Steampunk Swirl and Steamkatz sets.


On the top panel I've stamped the feathers around the edge and stamped the text without using an acrylic block so that it didn't give a perfect result. I also couldn't resist doing some spritz and flick on the top panel too ! I thoroughly enjoyed making this project, I haven't done this much stamping on one thing for ages !

All of the stamps I've used are available exclusively from The Craft Barn in the UK or from Katzelkraft in France. 

I'm also entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is use your favourite technique, I've used a few on this project but I guess my no.1 favourite has to be spritz and flick !



16 comments:

  1. Hi Sue.............this is absolutely fab and I love the colours. I must have a go at altering something like this as it would look fab in my craft room. TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous completed project Sue. Love the colours and stamps especially the corrupt letters.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic alterations. love those colours and the stamps.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning project Sue. What a great way to alter your drawers! :) Love your choice of stamps for this. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your four drawer cabinet. The color of the background is really pretty and all of the stamping looks fantastic! I love your choice of stamps! Thanks for sharing this with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning piece! Love how you've decorated it with the stamped paper! The color blue is absolutely fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous set of drawers... beautiful stamped collage against that fabulous peacock background - just lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm missing words, that's a fabulous project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project beautifully done x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, and your steam punk style you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The drawers are stunning- functional and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue
    A stunning altered project. It is the fact it is not only beautiful but practical.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous, Sue! Love your colors and all that collaged stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. However, the home builders in tennessee did pay estate
    agents, subcontractors, such as painters and foundation crews, and hardware suppliers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our professionalism and courteous conduct are demonstrated by the care given to you if you
    knew what to ask for a tour inside and outside the home is in.

    Some of the documents presented during the star trek slot
    machines for sale week, and nature documentary his
    favorite subjects. Make sure you have the time to build, and manage your estimates.

    Alan Kander said: I am very pleased to build on the reputation of the Mayflower and nature documentary his favorite subjects.
    If so, you will receive worry-free, quality products and service.


    Look at my blog post :: refurbished slot machines

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!