Friday, 24 August 2012

Anyone for tea?

Here we are at Friday again, and it's also time for the next challenge over at The Stamp Man. This time Jill has challenged us to 'Alter it!' I love this kind of challenge and it took me ages to decide what I would alter. In then end I settled for this little tea chest that originally had some Christmas tea in it.

As usual there's the prize of a £10  voucher to spend in The Stamp Man online store. Make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.



I started by sanding down the paint around the edges and corners and the rest I intended to cover with card. Once I'd taken away the dark green colour I then applied alcohol inks using Terracotta, Stream and Lettuce.



Each of the panels have been given the DI treatment using Rusty Hinge, Ripe Persimmon, Shabby Shutters and Spiced Marmalade. I've used stamps from the Tim Holtz Mixed Media and the Fairytale Frenzy sets.


I really love the sentiment and the key is cut using the Tim Holtz Hardware die and I've done some extra doodling on it and then distressed it with black acrylic paint.


The letters to make the word tea are cut using the Tim Holtz WordPlay die and then I've blended DI over them and linked them together before sticking them down.



The flower is cut from metal using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die and then I embossed them using the Victoria EF. I used Lettuce, Terracotta and Espresso alcohol inks and then added a button from an old jacket to the centre.

I'm also entering this project in to the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is No Rules. 








10 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow, Sue! I'm in love with your altered tin... the colours - both of the alcohol inks and of the panels - are so warm and delicious, and it's brilliantly embellished. Again, wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely,the colours are so rich.The embellishments are stunning ,love everything about this.:)Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue! What a transformation! This poor, sad little tin has been given such a beautiful new life! :) I love everything you've done to create such a beautiful and useful piece! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully authentic Sue, as though it has been languishing in Grandma's attic.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work here Sue. You would never guess what this tin started out looking like having seen the final result. LOVE the flower and the ink colours you have chosen. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful so much work and stunning results XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect altered tea box, just an eye-catcher in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous alteration Sue and the flower is stunning.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgoues transformation! That flower on top is incredible! Love this altered tin! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!