Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Crafty with canvas !

It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and Linda is hosting us this time with a challenge of using canvas in your project.

Here is what Linda has to say:

I love using textiles in my art and canvas is such a fun and versatile fabric to use.  You can die cut it, emboss it, dye it by spraying or dipping.  You can use it in its raw state, coat the reverse side with gesso or multi medium to prevent fraying or use the sticky back kind.  You can stamp on it and make embellishments (flowers :) with it.  Oh, so many fun ways to use it in our art.  How are you going to use canvas for this challenge?


I decided to do some stamping onto canvas and then painting with acrylic paint. The canvas is Claudine Hellmuth's sticky back canvas which I've stuck to Grunge Paper. The stamps are a mixture of Katzelkraft and Serendipity. I've used PaperArtsy Fresco Finish acrylic paints, I've watered them down to give a softer colour. The sentiment is also stamped onto sticky back canvas that's stuck to Grunge Paper. I've distressed both canvases using some wet 'n' dry foam and acrylic paints. I've used a Texture Fades EF and stamped inside it using one of the Tim Holtz stamps from the Reflections set. The pieces down the right hand side are made with a PaperArtsy stamp that I stamped then cut into 3 pieces. The lady who this card is intended for loves owls so I wanted to make sure I used this stamp in some way !



I've used the Tim Holtz Weathered Clock die in the background. I stamped the background with a PaperArtsy stamp and blended Bundled Sage DI over the background and then sanded it with a sanding block.

Make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog and check out the DT's fabulous work. I hope you get chance to join us with this challenge.

I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, Paint it up.


11 comments:

  1. Wow!
    Sue, das ist fantastisch.
    Es sieht so schön aus auf der Leinwand, so nostalgisch und kunstvoll.

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue
    This is a marvellous piece of art and great use of canvas. I love your enthusiasm which is matched by my own - could not do without canvas (although never tried the sticky back one).
    Gorgeous colours.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Sue! My parents used to have a sun dial like that in the yard and I haven't thought it in about 30 years. Love how you've colored it and added all the 3D butterflies. Terrific canvas project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, love this stunning garden you have created! The painting is so soft and has a great watercolored effect! Love the layers! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely layers here Sue. I've never used canvas so this could be a bit of a challenge! Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about layered goodness here!!! Cool! Love the scene on your canvas as well as the sentiment! All those embellies are perfect! This is a fab project Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, this is so sweet! I totally love all of the layering you've done on this piece. The texture fade notebook paper in the background is awesome! I also love the weathered clock die cut and the three beautiful stamped images. The sticky back canvas design is also lovely and fits well with your sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! So much to look at and all that color. Loving this one!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully put together Sue, love it.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! This is so beautiful, absolutely gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!