Sunday, 26 August 2012

Floral or Flowers at FSC

Happy Bank Holiday Sunday everyone ! I hope you're enjoying your week end so far, the weather where we are is being reasonably kind which is alot better than the forecast! 

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and this time we would like to see floral or handmade flowers on your project. I opted for handmade flower, as I love adding them to most of my projects! Do make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work. 



 I made a jumbo tag using lots of purple ! It's not a colour I use very often but I'm rather pleased with the end result ! I started by stamping the Tim Holtz flourish stamp with Archival Vermillion, then I stamped it again over the top using Matt Multi Medium. When the glue was dry I blended the DI over the top and did some more stamping using the Tim Holtz Mixed Media and Fairytale Frenzy stamp sets. 



The main image is from an Indigo Blu stamp set which I've stamped onto Speciality Stamping Paper and cut out. The material is an old sheet which I've stamped on using some stamps from the Indigo Blu stamp set. The flower is made from the same material using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die. All of the embellishments and lace are from The Funkie Junkie Boutique

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


22 comments:

  1. Great tag Sue as ever. Loving that flower and your resist stamping technique always looks wonderful. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see one of your tags I swoon Sue.

    How did you get a picture of me for the middle though!!!! ..... lol

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've long since run out of words to express the delight your projects give you never ever fail to give everyone a lift. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous tag Sue with great depth of colour and love all the little additions.
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should use purple more often...this looks absolutely stunning! The flourish is to die for...so beautifully done and is a great accent for this sassy lass in the middle (really Shirl...is that you??? lol).
    And the flower just makes the whole tag ooze!
    Love it.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag Sue, love the purple and the background is beautiful. Love the fabric flower too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've created an amazing tag, your flower looks wonderful, love all the details. Great colors, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a rich, glorious boudoir of a tag! The depth of the colours and that amazing flower are just wonderful...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful tag Sue, I love the doubler stamped flourish.
    Hope you are having a great Sunday.
    hugs {brenda] xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous tag Sue and just love those sumptuous colours which are perfect with the image. Love the textured background too and the gorgeous flower.
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so talented,love this,the stamping on the fabric is stunning.;)Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply gorgeous Sue! Love your choice of images, color, and embellies! Hope you had a great Holiday. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. You chose such a beautiful color combination! The flower is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous jumbo tag, love all the details and the beautiful flower.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ein herrliches Tag und ein schönes Thema immer wieder.
    Großartig gemacht.

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous layers, Sue! Love the tag and images and the flower is just a great finish! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that colour Sue!!! fab work. lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woooooooow, Sue, your tag is gorgeous! The colours are so yummy and the swirls add such an elegant touch - stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sue, can't access the FSC site today to upload my project (bandwidth exceeded?) Is there a problem with the blog site? Thanks, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sue, This is a fabulous tag, love the background stamping and colours. I almost used the same image!
    The stamped fabric is a great addiction.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh I love Purple and your tag is just gorgeous..beautiful image and fab flower ! Esther

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sue, this is a stunner, loving all those amazing textures and stamping and those purple tones are fantastic. X

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!