Wednesday, 22 August 2012

How can you resist ?

It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and it's my turn to be the host !

I am a self confessed technique junkie, I love everything and anything that involves a new technique. I also have my ongoing favourites and Resist is one of them ! You can use different things to create a resist effect, acrylic paint, glue, embossing powder to name just a few. So let's see if you can Resist and show us how you can incorporate this into your projects ! Have fun !


I chose to use the acrylic paint resist technique, I just love it when you wipe away the ink and the image below is magically revealed ! This is a card I've made for my other half's birthday which is on the 1 September. He's a really keen amateur photographer, which is why I've included the photography elements. I started with the background and blended Peacock Feathers and Moved Lawn DI over some white card stock. I then stamped using the Tim Holtz Mixed Media stamp set and the Darkroom Door Photography set. I then die cut some white card stock and a piece of thick card using the Vintage Cabinet die. The thick card just adds a little more dimension. I used the stamp from the Mixed Media to stamp over it using white acrylic paint, then when it was dry blended Peacock Feathers, Moved Lawn, Salty Ocean and some Vintage Photo DI around the edges. The embossed panel is made using the Tim Holtz Steampunk EF and lots of DI.


The main text is from the Tim Holtz Fairytale Frenzy stamp set and I've used the same DI to blend over the text which was stamped with white acrylic paint. The filmstrip is cut using the Tim Holtz Filmstrip Frames die and I've blended som Pumice Stone and Black Soot DI over it. The little camera is from a stamp set I bought when I first started getting into crafting, it's amazing what you can still find a use for ! The twill ribbon has been stamped using a stamp from the Darkroom Door set and I've added a Type Charm to finish.


Please make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the DT's fabulous work.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


8 comments:

  1. Love the layers, colour and techniques Sue. A beautiful card as always.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this to bits Sue. Acrylic paint seems to work best for me - giving such a clear image (though I'm trying a different version for the challenge). Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab card for hubby! I love the photography bits and the color is amazing! Wonderful work and a very fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, love this, beautifully layered and such a lovely idea Hubby, I struggle using techniques (they always go wrong & end up in the bin)We must be opposites LOL! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card, Sue, with so many stunning details. I love the was you've treated the filmstrip and your resist is just perfection to a tee. This is a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Happy Birthday to your husband! My son's birthday is the 1st as well!! Beautiful resist effect on this card. Love all those wonderful layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic project, there's so much to see, great details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like that quote and also card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!