Thursday, 2 August 2012

Jumbo Time Tag !

It's Thursday which means it's time to share my Katzelkraft DT project ! There have been some gorgeous new releases recently and the stamp set I've used for this tag is one of them and is the Steampunk Swirl set.


I started by stamping the centre and the corner stamps using white acrylic paint. When that was dry I then blended Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade and Mowed Lawn DI over the whole tag. I wiped over the top of the stamped images with a damp piece of kitchen roll to reveal the images. I then stamped the cog using Peacock Feathers DI and the text, which is from the Paris Postal set. I couldn't resist doing some spritz and flick, I can't believe how my hand automatically reaches for the water filled mini-mister !



The clock face and hands, which are made using the Tim Holtz die, are cut from Grunge Paper that's been covered with sticky back canvas (I'm in love with this at the moment too!). I've then used more Peacock Feathers DI around the edges. The butterfly is cut from the centre panel left over from the clock and I stamped onto it using the text stamp from the Paris Postal set using Peacock Feathers DI again. I've added some Ideaology and the cogs are a purchase I made when I was at the last ArtsyCraft workshop.

Quite a simple tag but I really like it ! Hopefully, our house will return to some sort of normality this week as the majority of the decorating is done. I've not been able to use my sewing machine and I'm now starting to get withdrawal symptoms !

All of the stamps I've used are available exclusively from The Craft Barn in the UK or from Katzelkraft in France.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, love your tag, looks far from simple! Beautiful stamping and techniques used and gorgeous fresh colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious greens! Glorious tag! I've only recently found out about Katzelkraft stamps - they're so amazing. More pain for the credit card, unless I can locate some willpower!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sue. Love your use of canvas too. Must give that a go. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Sue, I love the blend of colours that you have chosen and the canvas die cut looks fabulous Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue

    love the colours.dies and embellishments you have used here. They are absolutely beautiful.

    TFS...Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous tag, love the wonderful details and embellishments.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful, i love crafting in green and the addition of peacock feathers is stunning! trace x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic tag with great details. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!