Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Fall into Fall !

It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and Linda has chosen Fall into Fall. Here's what Linda has to say:

It's my absolute favourite season!  I love the rich colors of nature and the bounty of the harvest. Celebrate Autumn with us this week by using a fall color palette in your work (suggestions - brown, orange, olive, rust, cranberry, harvest gold).

I absolutely love these colours so this challenge was right up my street !




I decided to use one of the jumbo manilla tags that Linda sells in her shop. I've just attended a fabulous 2 day workshop with the lovely Lin Brown where we used lots of Fresco Finish paints so they were high on my list of things to use. I'll share what we made at the workshop on another post, it's still a work in progress ! I gave the tag several layers of paint blending lots of different colours. I then used the Chicken Wire stencil and used a mixture of Claret and Pumpkin Soup Fresco Finish paint. I stamped the bird from the Artistic Outpost Birds of a Feather stamp set using black Archival ink.


I stamped the text from the same stamp set onto a piece of plain paper from an old book and then used Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain DI over it. The quote is from a Serendipity stamp set that I've stamped onto a piece of cotton fabric and then I heat set the text and sprayed the fabrc with water. I then let some Fresco Finish paint bleed into the fabric. I've used a Prima button with some thread and stuck on top of a Filigree metal piece. The seam binding was dyed using re-inkers using Ripe Persimmon, Wild Honey and Shabby Shutters.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge.


12 comments:

  1. An amazing tag with wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thisis so beautiful, gentle and stunning at the same time! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolute perfection! I love your tag. Beautifully composed. Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, I so LOVE your syle! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful tag Sue, so many wonderful colours, I love it! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wunderschön gemacht. Ein herrliches Tag.
    Und eine briliante Idee.
    Danke für die Inspiration.

    Liebe Grüße xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Sue, it's just beautiful! Love your stamping and stenciling and those gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful is right! Fab colors and love the use of the lace! The background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue, stunning, those colours are gorgeous and highlight your fab stamping. XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, Love this jumbo tag! The colors are so perfect for Fall and I just love all the inky layers! This is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous autumn colours and great design. So jealous of your two days with Lin, wish I could have gone, but I am going to be doing an Andy Skinner one this year, so that will compensate a tiny bit.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!