Thursday, 13 September 2012

First signs of Autumn !

It's certainly starting to cool off here in the UK and the leaves on the trees are starting to turn which is what inspired me to make this card for my Katzelkraft DT project.


I blended DI over the background then stamped the leaves which had been spritzed with water. I then stamped over the same area using DI. The vertical strip is from an old book that I've blended DI over and then done some Spritz and Flick. The leaves are cut from Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap using the Tattered Leaves die and then I've blended DI over them. The main image is stamped onto white card then I blended more DI over it and some more Spritz and Flick !


I cut some more leaves from shrink plastic and then embossed them in the Tim Holtz Honeycomb EF. When they shrink it still leaves some of the pattern in the leaves, which you can just make out on the photo.

The stamps that I've used are the Automne Demie Plaque and are available exclusively from The Craft Barn in the UK and from Katzelkraft in France.

10 comments:

  1. A wonderful creation, great fall feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic autumn project, love those leaves beautiful colours.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the monotone with those fabulous layers Sue.
    Hope you are having a good week.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so fabulous and absolutely gorgeous too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the techniques you have used here Sue. It gives the whole thing a soggy Autumnal feel (in a good way!!!) Need to practice that embossing shrink plastic as mine removed the embossing. Must be doing something wrong. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning make Sue with fabulous autumnal colours. TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Sue - this is simply glorious.. what a riot of rich, autumnal colours! The leaves are amazing, and the button and twine the perfect finishing touch - I completely love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Sue, your colors are amazing! Love the light coming through and the leaves, plus how you've tied it all together with string. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are so beautiful! Love the colors in this card!
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!