Sunday, 9 September 2012

Good things come in small packages !

Well I hope you've all been enjoying the lovely weather, if you're in the UK. We've just come back from a week in Norfolk and couldn't have wished for better weather, and that's not something you can say very often in the UK!

It's also time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge. The lovely Claire has challenged us with the theme 'Good things come in small packages'. Now, you can interpret this any way you like as long as you include some stamping on your work.

I have to say this did have me scratching my head for a while and having thrown out the first few ideas I settled on a little lavendar pouch.



Apologies for the photo's but white on white is not good to take pictures of ! I started by cutting a piece of white cotton fabric and stamping the lavendar image from the Artistic Outpost Flower Market set with black Archival ink. I heat set it then used Dusty Concord Distress Stains to paint the flowers. The leaves were painted with Fresco Finish Hey Pesto paint which was watered down.


The little girl is also from the Flower Market set and I've stamped her on a separate piece of fabric, heat set her and then painted her using Victorian Velvet Distress Stains. I then frayed the edges of the fabric and used a little wadding behind her before stitching her to the main piece of fabric. I've stitched the lace which is from The Funkie Junkie Boutique across the top of the pouch. The large heart is cut from Grunge Paper that is covered with sticky back canvas and then I've rubbed Milled Lavender DI around the edge. The smaller heart is made from shrink plastic that's been embossed with the Tim Holtz Honeycomb EF and then cut out then shrunk ! It keeps some of the pattern from the EF even though it's been melted !


I threaded some white ribbon through the top of the pouch and I shall put some lavendar sachets inside it to finish it off.

Do make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

I'm also entering this into the Artistic Outpost September Referral which is Anything Goes. 


19 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea Sue, beautifully stamped, so pretty and filled with Norfolk lavender, how gorgeous. Have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! Didn't realise you could emboss shrink plastic!! Gotta try that. Love this beautiful pouch and so appropriate after your wonderful break in Norfolk. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous little pouch Sue, so beautiful with the stamping and little embellishments.
    Glad you have had a good week away and had the lovely weather.
    Happy Sunday.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. They say good things come in small parcels,this is so pretty Sue.Take Care :)Jacqueline.S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue
    This is really precious and you have incorporated one of my all time favourites - stamping onto fabric.
    Beautiful delicate colours.
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Sue, wieder so ein süßes entzückendes Beutelchen.
    Man sieht die viele Liebe, mit der es gearbeitet es.
    Wunderschön

    Ganz liebe Grüße xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful little lavender pouch. Love the gorgeous stamping on the fabric.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful way to incorporate the Artistic Outpost stamps on your lovely lavender pouch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue, I love lavendar pouches...they just soothe the soul I think. I can almost smell it from here! You have done an amazing job colouring in on fabric ~ you must have a very steady hand and lots of patience.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Sue, gorgeous little lavender pouch and such beautiful stamping on the fabric.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delectable little pouch - beautiful lavender stamping, and the little hearts are beyond adorable! So glad you had a great time in Norfolk...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous stamps and a fab idea. TFS annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty..beautiful Lavender pouch ! Never tried embossing shrink plastic will have to try that...Glad you had a lovely break away, Norfolk is just up the road from me ! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous idea! Beautifully done Sue. Glad you had a great Holiday. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. You must scratch your head more often for new ideas - this is gorgeous !

    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad you settled on this beautiful little lavender pouch Sue (but I am sure I would have loved what you threw out) lol.

    Stamping is gorgeous and the ones you have chosen to use look so sweet.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sue, I can almost smell that sweet lavendar all the way here! This little pouch is beautiful and I love that stamped image! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty Sue and such a lovely idea too. The stamping is beautiful on the fabric.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!